Park City, Utah (PRWEB) September 27, 2013
Today, Zane Benefits, the number one online small business health benefits solution, published new information on communicating health reform to employees.
According to Zane Benefits’ website, with key provisions of the Affordable Care Act taking effect soon, employers have been tasked with understanding health reform, deciding their health benefits strategy, implementing any changes, and communicating information to employees. It’s now time for employers to determine what needs to be communicated, which may vary depending on size of the organization, and types of benefits being offered.
Here are 5 ideas on ways to communicate health reform strategy to employees:
(1) Share the "what" and "why" of the company’s health reform strategy. Help employees understand what impact the Affordable Care Act has on the plans you offer, including who is eligible for coverage and which employees may need to explore the public exchanges and related health insurance tax subsidies.
(2) Create a plan for distributing resources on basic health care information. Many employers are shifting how they offer benefits because of new opportunities with the Affordable Care Act, in many cases it is a shift toward consumer-driven health care or defined contribution, both of which require employees to take more control of their health care. Employees may need resources and education about basic health care terms, and basic health care reform information.
(3) Refer questions about the individual health insurance exchanges or Medicaid eligibility to the exchanges. Employers should understand the basics of how the health insurance exchanges work, but don't need to keep up with all the complexities of what each exchange offers.
(4) Leverage the attention on health care reform and the exchanges to educate employees on the benefits of health reform.
(5) Reinforce the value of health plans and the overall value of working for the organization. Use communication about health reform as an opportunity to reinforce the value of benefits to employees.
Click here to read the full article.
About Zane Benefits
Zane Benefits was founded in 2006 to provide a revolutionized SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) administration platform ("ZaneHRA") for defined contribution health care. The flagship software provides a 100% paperless administration experience to small businesses and insurance professionals that want to offer better health benefits without a traditional group health insurance plan at lower costs. For more information about Zane Benefits, visit http://www.zanebenefits.com.