Fort Myers, FL (PRWEB) September 26, 2013
In a poll concluded recently on long term care insurance experts, ACSIA Long Term Care Inc. found the ten most important considerations for people who are buying long term care insurance.
The results of the survey highlight what prospective buyers should highly prioritize as they examine their options for long term care insurance. Unsurprisingly, the choice of insurance carrier is the most repeated answer. The financial strength, claims history, and stability of the insurance company determine much of the effectiveness of a policy in addressing future long term care expenses.
Listed below are the ten most essential considerations that a buyer needs to settle before going ahead with a long term care insurance purchase:
1. Carrier rating – How stable is the insurance company? Do their customers report trouble in claiming benefits?
2. Type of policy – Is this the right type of policy that can best answer my needs?
3. Affordability – Are the premiums well within my budget? Can I still afford to pay premiums if my situation changes in the future?
4. Insurance agent – Can I depend on and trust my insurance agent to help me make these important decisions? Can my agent help me find the best policy for me? (Are they an expert in long term care planning or a generalist in all insurance?)
5. Coverage for types of care – Will the policy pay for any care services that I may likely need in the future?
6. Inflation protection options – Does the policy have an inflation protection feature to cover the rising costs of care?
7. Insurance riders – What insurance riders or additional options do I need to add to my policy so I can maximize my coverage?
8. Care coordination option – Does the policy come with care coordination services?
9. Benefits – What is the optimal total benefit amount I should get to cover all my care needs but still keep the policy affordable?
10. Partnership Program certified – Does the policy come with the advantages of being certified for the state’s Partnership Program?
ACSIA encourages those interested in acquiring a long term care insurance policy to carefully review their options and choices so the listed questions are answered satisfactorily.
Founded in 1958, ACSIA® is a leading national distributor of Long Term Care insurance. ACSIA® is a member of the LTC Global group of companies and headquartered in Fort Myers, Florida. For more information about ACSIA®, visit http://www.acsia.com.