AnyPresence is the only enterprise mobile development platform on the market designed to complement native tools such as Apple XCode 5 and the recent Android Studio.
Reston, VA (PRWEB) September 30, 2013
AnyPresence, the leading enterprise backend-as-a-service (BaaS) platform, today announced the general availability of its fifth generation release. The solution includes several industry firsts such as instant starter applications and in-browser native app previews. All of the new features are designed to help developers build cross-platform enterprise applications faster than ever before — with more deployment flexibility and source-code portability than any other development platform in the market.
A recent industry survey on mobility found that while CIOs are excited about the benefits of mobile-enabling enterprise applications, 65 percent cite development cost as a fundamental barrier to adoption.* AnyPresence now includes more than 100 development accelerators to help reduce the cost and time of bringing enterprise applications to market. For a full list of capabilities available in the AnyPresence platform, please visit: http://www.anypresence.com/all-features.php.
"With each new phone and operating system update from Apple, Google and Microsoft, device capabilities and their corresponding native development tools grow more feature rich," said Richard Mendis, AnyPresence Chief Product and Marketing Officer. "AnyPresence is the only enterprise mobile development platform on the market designed to complement native tools such as Apple XCode 5 and the recent Android Studio, with non-proprietary, editable source code that significantly accelerates time to market without any vendor lock-in."
The latest AnyPresence release features several industry firsts for an enterprise mobile development platform, including:
- Instant Starter Applications: In three easy steps, users can define a starter application with corresponding backend server, data storage, client-side SDKs and a user interface (UI) starter kit across multiple platforms. AnyPresence automatically builds the components and deploys the backend server to scalable cloud infrastructure with its own administrative console. Developers get a fully functional enterprise application, with access to all source code, test scripts, documentation and even auto-generated sample data, so they can start using the application immediately.
- In-Browser Native App Previews: AnyPresence already compiles native iOS and Android starter apps in the cloud. Now those apps can be previewed live, without leaving the browser. Integrating innovative technology from App.io and AppSurfer, users can view and interact with native iOS and Android apps right from within the AnyPresence Designer, on a Mac or PC.
- Apple XCode 5 and Google Android Studio Support: All client-side source code generated from AnyPresence is completely non-proprietary and can be viewed or edited in the native development tools from the platform vendor. The starter user interface kit provides developers with a functional application, so they can see how to use the AnyPresence SDKs and APIs. The kit includes iOS7 / XCode5 compatible storyboard metadata and Android Studio compatible XML layouts.
- Meta-Platform Design Time API: Programmatically create and deploy mobile backend servers and applications using the AnyPresence design-time API service. Embed mobile application generation capabilities into existing software or developer portals to get the most out of API management investments and better engage the developer ecosystem.
Other enhancements to reduce enterprise application development time-to-market include:
- Windows Phone 8 SDK: Support development of Microsoft Windows Phone 8 applications, with a comprehensive C# library that includes complete model classes, operations, authentication and other timesaving capabilities.
- oData Connector: Connect to an oData web service, commonly used to integrate with Microsoft and SAP NetWeaver applications.
- Amazon SimpleDB Connector: Connect to Amazon SimpleDB database for create, read, update, and delete (CRUD) operations.
- Web Scraper (Beta): Automatically extract information from legacy web-based applications by specifying mapping logic used for data read and update.
*Survey conducted by independent research company Vanson Bourne, featured in CIO.com: http://www.cio.com/article/737349/CIOs_Say_Mobilizing_Enterprise_Apps_Is_Not_That_Easy.
AnyPresence is an enterprise backend-as-a-service platform that dramatically reduces the time and cost of mobile-enabling enterprise business processes, products, and services. It is the only solution that offers organizations the ability to assemble and deploy backend servers, native iOS, native Android, and HTML5 mobile apps without platform "lock-in". AnyPresence also provides pre-assembled mobile app templates, a design-time API, and other patent-pending capabilities to further accelerate time-to-market for developer ecosystems. The platform is easy to use, yet flexible enough to enable source code-level customization or on-premise hosting options. For more information, and to stay up to date on AnyPresence news, please visit http://www.anypresence.com and follow @AnyPresence on Twitter.