Niskayuna, NY (PRWEB) September 30, 2013
On Friday, September 27, GE Global Research convened a distinguished panel of experts for a live video chat on the Future of Additive Manufacturing. During the hour-long discussion on Google+, additive technology leaders from academia, government, and business offered their thoughts on how this revolutionary shift in manufacturing could change innovation, collaboration, and business models in the years to come. The group also addressed several of the over 100 questions posed from viewers watching the live broadcast.
Participants in the Google+ "Hangout" included:
- Christine Furstoss, Technical Director, Manufacturing & Materials Technologies, GE Global Research
- Avi Reichental, President and Chief Executive Officer of 3D Systems
- Terry Wohlers, Principal Consultant and President, Wohlers Associates
- Dr. Ryan Wicker, University of Texas at El Paso
- Rob Gorham, Deputy Director – Technology Development, National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute (NAMII) and National Center for Defense Manufacturing & Machining (NCDMM)
To coincide with the event, GE's Christine Furstoss shared additional thoughts about additive manufacturing in a blog post entitled "A View of Manufacturing Through 3D Glasses."
About GE Global Research
GE Global Research is the hub of technology development for all of GE's businesses. Our scientists and engineers redefine what’s possible, drive growth for our businesses, and find answers to some of the world’s toughest problems.
We innovate 24 hours a day, with sites in Niskayuna, New York; San Ramon, California; Bangalore, India; Shanghai, China; Munich, Germany; and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.