Being recognised for the contribution we make to the education industry demonstrates we are working in the right direction. Without the schools and teachers that use our system this wouldn't be possible, and it’s to those who we are truly grateful.
Brighton, UK (PRWEB UK) 16 October 2013
Hailed as an ‘Innovative video tool that should be included in school based professional development programmes wherever and whenever possible’ by Professor Christina Preston, Professor of Educational Innovation at Bedfordshire University, IRIS Connect continually demonstrates the positive impact their technology is having on supporting effective in-house CPD and collaboration between teachers.
Over the last four years, Education Investor has established itself as the must-read magazine covering Britain’s fast growing education industry. They launched the awards in 2010, as the best way of promoting excellence and recognising innovation in an increasingly important sector. Last November, over 550 of the education sectors top movers and shakers gathered at London’s Grosvenor House Hotel for the third black tie awards dinners. And this year’s event promises to be even bigger.
Education Investor is the only monthly magazine that brings you independent, authoritative coverage of the developing, fast paced education sector. With an extensive database and dedicated editorial team providing business intelligence and political insight, Education Investor is essential reading for those with an interest in the business of learning.
Andy Newell, Founder and Managing Director of IRIS Connect said “We are extremely proud to be a finalist at this year’s awards. Over the past 5 years we have worked meticulously to build the most advanced and teacher friendly system. We focus on the key ingredients proven to make CPD more effective: self-reflection and review, experienced based learning opportunities, coaching and mentoring and the building communities of practice. Being recognised for the contribution we make to schools and the education industry as a whole demonstrates we are working in the right direction. Without the schools and teachers that use our system this wouldn't be possible, and it’s to those who we are truly grateful”.
The overall winners across all 24 categories will be revealed at the awards ceremony on the 14th November 2013 at Hilton Park Lane, London.
For further information or interview opportunities contact:
08453 038 578
About IRIS Connect
- IRIS Connect is a collaborative CPD tool that enables teachers to reflect on, analyse and share teaching practice.
- IRIS Connects mobile video technology and a secure web based platform were developed from research into "what works" to improve teaching and learning. It allows deep and objective self-reflection and peer observation; secure permission based sharing of practice; and more effective coaching and mentoring relationships.
- IRIS Connect believes in the collective capacity of teaching professionals to address the challenges they face. By providing appropriate facilitation and learning tools IRIS Connect increases the social capital within and between schools and empowers teachers to discover, develop and share effective teaching through meaningful collaboration.
- IRIS Connect works with over 675 schools and 19,500 teachers, building a network for teachers to securely discuss and share practice with their peers.
- For further information visit http://www.irisconnect.co.uk or follow us on twitter @IRIS_Connect.