Dallas, TX (PRWEB) September 05, 2013
National Debt Relief, the leading debt settlement company in the country, recently published an article that sought to educate consumers to avoid late payments on credit card bills. The article was posted on September 2 and is titled “How To Prevent Late Credit Card Payments.”
The article stresses out how damaging late payments can be because of the additional amount that will be added to the current balance. While the average late penalty fee is only $35, this will be added to the balance and that sum will be the basis for the interest amount that will be added to the debt too.
National Debt Relief understands that every dollar is important to someone who is trying desperately to get out of debt. This is why they provided consumers with helpful tips to prevent them from being late on payments. The key to paying dues on time is to set up reminders that will keep consumers updated of their credit obligations. The article provides the following tips:
1. Change the due date into a day that the consumer will find easy to remember and thus have the funds ready to pay off the debt in time.
2. Combine debts to simplify the payment plan.
3. Create a calendar that highlights the due dates of every bill. It can be written on an actual calendar or set up in the consumer’s mobile phone.
4. Apply for email notifications. These will come from the creditor who will email reminders to the consumer that their due date is almost up.
5. Setup automatic payments. This is when consumers will allow creditors to automatically deduct monthly payments from their bank accounts.
6. Make online payments. Another way to pay off credit card dues is through an online bank account. This will help consumers pay their debt even at night or over the weekend.
7. Do not wait until the last minute to pay. The article suggests that consumers must not wait until the due date to make payments.
The article also advises consumers to always check their billing to ensure that they are asked to pay what they really owe.
To encourage consumers to always pay on time, they provide the benefits that will result from such a practice. It includes keeping the collection calls for ever happening, protects the consumer’s credit score from being affected and increases the chance of a low interest rate. For the last part, the article believes that the good behavior of the consumer will allow them to negotiate a lower rate with the creditor. Other benefits include savings when it comes to the late fees and a lower monthly payment - since the late payment is no longer added to the debt.
To read the whole article, visit National Debt Relief or click on the link: http://www.nationaldebtrelief.com/prevent-late-credit-card-payments/.
National Debt Relief was recently hailed as the top debt relief company in 2013 by two review sites: TopTenReviews.com and TopConsumerReviews.com. They are accredited by the Better Business Bureau and only employ International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA) certified debt professionals.