The 2013 Chicago Modern Home Tour is a self-guided driving-tour of six modern homes in the Chicago area. At each stop, tourgoers get the opportunity to explore the inside and out of these amazing private residences.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) October 03, 2013
This Saturday, October 5th, several of northern Illinois’ top architects get a day in the spotlight, and area residents get the unique opportunity to see inside of several of Chicago’s most amazing homes.
The 2013 Chicago Modern Home Tour is a self-guided driving-tour of six modern homes in the Chicago area. At each stop, tourgoers get the opportunity to explore the inside and out of these amazing private residences. For the architects, it is a citywide gallery of their work; for ticket-holders, it’s a day of neighborhood exploration and visual awe.
Homes accepted and confirmed for the tour to date are:
- A gorgeous 9th floor condominium in the heart of the Gold Coast that serves as a great example of a perfect marriage between thoughtful redesign (courtesy of Daniel Tornheim, architect) and high quality construction in an existing condominium!
- The Lakeview Residence, a stunning private home on a triangular lot in the Lakeview neighborhood, designed my Perimeter Architects, and the 2011 AIA Chicago Small Project Award winner!
- The bottom floor of architect Thomas Roszak’s own private Northfield home, an 8,200 square foot masterpiece, encased entirely in glass! Trust me, the bottom floor has enough space to keep your exploring for a while!
- An innovative home (currently for sale) in the Southport Corridor, designed by Filoramo Talsma, LLC, that features unique Douglas fir ceilings and wide plank oak floors throughout… as well as your typical recreation room with wet bar, home theater, exercise gym and mud room!
- A 4,000 sq. ft. West Bucktown head-turner, designed by Bruce Obora, that features custom poured concrete, a gourmet kitchen, and a large party roofdeck!
- An unbelievable penthouse that you must see with your own eyes. Check out this downtown 4,000 square foot luxury penthouse and its private roof deck, designed by Semida Newnum of International Design House and currently listed for sale.
More details and photos of the current list of approved homes can be found on the Chicago Modern Home Tour Featured Homes page.
Chicago-based Designs 4 Dignity has been named as the 2013 Chicago Modern Home Tour non-profit partner. Designs 4 Dignity is a collection of individuals committed to assisting nonprofit organizations that change lives, by transforming spaces into more functional and nurturing environments. By pulling together the combined power of pro bono design, construction talent, and donated materials, Designs 4 Dignity breathes new life into existing non-profit spaces. This gives the assisted non-profit organizations the ability to better serve individuals in their focus mission.
Participating homes will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM on Saturday, October 5th, in and around Chicago, Illinois. Tickets to visit every home on the tour are $30 in advance online; available for $40 on the day of the tour at select ‘start’ locations. All are invited to attend. Kids under 12 are FREE!
For more details and a current list of homes: http://Chicago.modernhometours.com
About Modern Home Tours, LLC: Based in Austin, Texas, Modern Home Tours, LLC was founded by partners Matt Swinney & James Leasure to introduce Modern architecture and living to people across the nation. Through fun and informative tours in dozens of cities across the USA and Canada, we invite people into some of the most exciting examples of Modern architecture and design in the nation. With carefully selected architects, neighborhoods and architecture, our home tours are unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Not only will you learn about the cutting edge of home design while on our tours, but you might even get an idea or two for your next home project!