One of the tenets of Modern architecture is bringing the outdoors inside, and transitioning open living spaces into open outdoor spaces. Denver’s avid outdoor community embraces this aesthetic in a way that is both unique and exciting.
Denver, Colorado (PRWEB) October 09, 2013
Residents of the Denver area are invited to discover modern architecture in and around the Mile High City this weekend as part of the 2013 Denver Modern Home Tour.
At each stop, tourgoers get the opportunity to explore the inside and out of six amazing private residences. For the architects whose work is on display, it is a live citywide gallery of their astounding designs; for homeowners, it is a unique chance to show off their very cool homes; and for ticket-holders, it’s a day of neighborhood exploration and visual awe.
This is the third Modern Home Tour in Denver, and the fourth visit to the area. Details and photos of the six accepted and confirmed homes can be found on the Denver Modern Home Tour Featured Homes page. Here’s a summary of what tourgoers can expect to see:
- The Orchard House, architect Steve Newman’s own project and home in the Glens, is a beautiful home built smart and green and split into three volumes; it is also the 2010 AIA Colorado Honor Award for Design Excellence winner.
- A wonderful renovation by Vega Architecture on a classic 1963 James Ream home in Lakewood that features a new deck and completely remodeled bathrooms, bedrooms and kitchen.
- A newly built 1-bedroom home in highland, designed by Matt Davis (formerly of Bothwell Davis George Architects) that features a classic car and motorcycle garage inside the living space.
- Another fantastic renovation, this one in Wheat Ridge on a 1952 mid-century modern classic, that is a marriage between Highland Ventures and Plan 10 Architectural Studio and features new additions and floor-to-ceiling windows.
- A second home designed by Matt Davis in Highland that features grand ceilings and open interior spaces.
- Finally, see a unit in the Highland-neighborhood’s Wyandot Overlook, a building that features an interesting collection of two-story, two-bedroom residences that live more like town home; designed by Sprocket Design.
“Denver is always a favorite stop for us,” says Modern Home Tour co-founder, James Leasure. “One of the tenets of Modern architecture is bringing the outdoors inside, and transitioning open living spaces into open outdoor spaces. Denver’s avid outdoor community embraces this aesthetic in a way that is both unique and exciting.”
Participating homes will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM on Saturday, October 12th, in and around Denver, Colorado. Tickets to visit every home on the tour are $30 in advance online; available for $40 on the day of the tour at select ‘start’ locations. The tour is self-guided; all are invited to attend. Kids under 12 can accompany their parents for free.
For more details and a current list of homes: http://denver.modernhometours.com.
About Modern Home Tours, LLC: Based in Austin, Texas, Modern Home Tours, LLC was founded by partners Matt Swinney & James Leasure to introduce Modern architecture and living to people across the nation. Through fun and informative tours in dozens of cities across the USA and Canada, we invite people into some of the most exciting examples of Modern architecture and design in the nation. With carefully selected architects, neighborhoods and architecture, our home tours are unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Not only will you learn about the cutting edge of home design while on our tours, but you might even get an idea or two for your next home project.