Alexandria/Pineville, LA (PRWEB) November 14, 2013
The Alexandria/Pineville area offers events for all ages during the holiday season, including theatre and art, parades, and lots of lights. With events sprinkled throughout the months of November and December, the Heart of Louisiana is the perfect weekend getaway!
Events will include:
- “The Nutcracker” as performed by the Red River Dance Company
- Frosted: An Evening of Sweets & Treats at Atwood’s Bakery
- Follow the Star on the campus of Louisiana College
- A Pilgrimage to Bethlehem presented by Emmanuel Baptist Church
- Old Fashioned Christmas at Kent Plantation House
- The City of Alexandria’s Holiday Magic, official lighting of the City’s tree and park
- Holiday Light Safari at the Alexandria Zoo
- Christmas de la Louisiane parade
- The City of Pineville’s annual night parade
- “Home for the Holidays” as performed by the Rapides Symphony Orchestra
- Christmas at Inglewood Farm
- A Jazzy Christmas
- A Christmas candlelight tour through Forts Randolph & Buhlow State Historic Site
- And more!
Many of these events participate in the City of Alexandria’s 12 Nights of Christmas, featuring 12 events in the area beginning with the City’s Holiday Magic. From holiday cantatas to community parades, the 12 Nights of Christmas is a spirited way to experience the holidays in Central Louisiana.
For a complete list of Holiday events, visit http://www.AlexandriaPinevilleLa.com or call (800) 551-9546.
The Convention & Visitors Bureau is a proud partner in the Holiday Trail of Lights program with Shreveport-Bossier City, Natchitoches, Minden and Monroe-West Monroe, La. The new trail with new cities was formed this year and consists of all Louisiana cities. For more information about the Holiday Trail of Lights, visit online at http://www.holidaytrailoflights.com.