As more companies recruit globally, and with input from multiple locations, we believe that the use of this type of technology will shape the future of the recruitment industry
Ipswich, Suffolk (PRWEB UK) 19 February 2014
Devised by a team of Canadian human resource, management and technology experts, VidCruiter uses online video and audio technology in combination with reference screening software and applicant tracking to revolutionise the recruitment process.
The system came about after its creator, Sean Fahey, was tasked to recruit 200 people within a limited time frame. As he slowly reviewed CV after CV, he couldn’t help but think that simply too much time was being wasted on tasks which could be carried out using software instead of manpower. The result was VidCruiter, a world-leading recruitment resource that has been used in tens of thousands of interviews across the world.
From this month, VidCruiter will be exclusively available to the UK market, through business software consultants Project Support Ltd. “VidCruiter has become extremely popular in the US and Canada since its launch,” says Adrian Day, of Project Support Ltd. “We are the first organisation to launch the software in the UK, and with the UK job market remaining so challenging, it looks like this solution could really help to streamline the processes of checking, interviewing, and eventually hiring job applicants.”
“It just makes sense,” continues Adrian, “Using a series of specific parameters to explore CVs; users can go from 100 applications to selecting their top 10 in seconds. You can then set up a series of questions and simultaneously interview applicants using audio or video, allowing you to ‘meet’ the applicant far sooner in the interview process. This unique function also allows a team of people to view the candidates’ videos in their own time from any geographic location, in any time zone and feedback their comments or rating. You can simply fast forward through any applicants you feel are unsuitable or go back and revisit those who are suitable, in more detail.”
With recruiters often seeing many hundreds of applications for each job, VidCruiter aims to make the process of finding the perfect candidate more accessible and cost-effective for all parties, leaving the face-to-face element for the final interview process.
“Keyword searches have been used for years to streamline CV selections,” says Adrian, “but it’s taken developers a while to create something which improves the efficiency of the complete interviewing and recruitment process. VidCruiter is delivered through an easy-access and highly resilient online environment that is fully branded to the recruiting organisation with customised access and workflow according to its people, departments and processes. It works for both employers and recruitment agencies and does not require any software to be downloaded onto users’ PC’s.”
“As more companies recruit globally, and with input from multiple locations, we believe that the use of this type of technology will shape the future of the recruitment industry.”
About Project Support Ltd.:
Project Support Ltd. is the first official reseller of VidCruiter in the UK. For information and consulting services, please visit http://projectsupport.ltd.uk or call 01473 659 551
VidCruiter is a brand new solution which pulls the recruitment industry into the 21st century. Using an online interviewing platform and video recruiting system, the software promises to deliver substantial results, guaranteed ROI, faster hiring times, and better quality finalists.
VidCruiter incorporates several modules, each of which represents a key stage in the recruitment process
- VidTracking: This module enables recruiters to search and sort through piles of applications, based on the particular skill set they are looking for. The ATS quick search function will then rank candidates based on the employer’s criteria, helping recruiters to go from over a hundred CVs to their top ten in seconds.
- VidAudioInterviewing: For those hiring for a position which requires regular use of a telephone, assessing a candidate’s telephone manner is very important. This module permits candidates to record themselves reading from a script, while the software tests their comprehension, voice quality, and pronunciation.
- VidInterviewing: Recruiters can interview as many people as they like and ask as many questions as they need. To save time, HRs can watch, review and skip applications at their leisure, and send out questions to thousands of interviewees at once.
- VidReferencing: Applicants call their referees so recruiters don’t have to do the work, and referees then fill in a simple online form provided by VidCruiter. Written, audio, or video references are all supported, enabling honest and efficient referencing.
- VidLiveInterviewing: Once the selection of candidates has been narrowed down, the live interviewing can take place. VidCruiter uses the most advanced technology for live communications, with WebRTC claiming to be six times faster than other services. Benefits include access and a private chat facility for multiple interviewers, much lower travel costs, no time constraints, company branding on the screen, and no downloads for interviewees – they simply click a link and go.
- VidTrainer/VidOnboarding: Once recruiters have selected a candidate, the final module in the series provides an online learning portal. VidOnboarding smoothes the process of hiring new employees by acclimatising them to the company culture, training them at their own pace, and coordinating initiatives between departments and staff members. Employers can have new recruits watch their training videos and use training tools before they start work, saving the costs of providing face-to-face training with other staff members, and permitting a slower, steadier learning process.
For further information, please visit http://www.vidcruiter.com/