... the fact that I get to hang out and enjoy the Fourth of July with them makes this experience even more special...
Arlington, VA (PRWEB) July 07, 2014
Twitter Pitch: @ColeHauser is making #USOmoments on @the_USO tour to visit deployed troops in the Middle East
While on an eight-day tour with the USO, Hollywood actor Cole Hauser helps the USO create moments that matter with deployed troops in the Middle East. The mission of USO/Armed Forces Entertainment tours like this is to bring troops moments of excitement, life-changing experiences and relief from the hardships of separation from loved ones back home. *Photo link below*
- On the USO tour, Hauser has enjoyed time with more than 1,900 troops stationed at locations including Bagram Air Base, Camp Leatherneck and Camp Bastion.
- Hauser’s USO tour involves bringing special moments to our nation’s deployed men and women in uniform, with activities like touring a medevac helicopter, dining with troops, meet and greets at USO centers and signing autographs.
- This trip marks the first USO tour for the star.
- Hauser has starred in hit movies, like “Dazed and Confused,” “Good Will Hunting” and “2 Fast 2 Furious.” Most recently, Hauser joined Johnny Depp in the Warner Bros. film “Transcendence.” He is currently appearing opposite actress Thandie Newton in the new season of DirecTV’s drama “Rogue.” Hauser has been acting for more than 20 years.
- The USO’s year-round “Every Moment Counts” campaign invites Americans to join in creating important moments for troops and their families. From holidays and children’s births to sports games and date nights, our troops miss numerous everyday moments like this when they are deployed.
Attributed to Cole Hauser:
"Going on my first USO tour has been an eye-opening experience. These men and women are amazing. They are so far from home and their family and friends. That alone is a huge gift to our country. And the fact that I get to hang out and enjoy the Fourth of July with them makes this experience even more special.”
USO Photos: http://bit.ly/1njHufI
About the USO
The USO lifts the spirits of America’s troops and their families millions of times each year at hundreds of places worldwide. We provide a touch of home through centers at airports and military bases in the U.S. and abroad, top quality entertainment and innovative programs and services. We also provide critical support to those who need us most, including forward-deployed troops, military families, wounded warriors, troops in transition and families of the fallen. The USO is a private, non-profit organization, not a government agency. Our programs and services are made possible by the American people, support of our corporate partners and the dedication of our volunteers and staff.
In addition to individual donors and corporate sponsors, the USO is supported by President’s Circle Partners: American Airlines, AT&T, BNSF Railway, Clark Construction Group, LLC, The Coca-Cola Company, Grand Canyon University, JCPenney, Jeep, Johnson & Johnson, Kroger, Northrop Grumman Corporation and TriWest Healthcare Alliance and Worldwide Strategic Partners: BAE Systems, BIC, The Boeing Company, ConAgra Foods, FedEx, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft Corporation, Procter & Gamble, TKS Telepost Kabel-Service Kaiserslautern GmbH & Co. KG and Wawa Inc. We are also supported through the United Way and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC-11381). To join us in this important mission, and to learn more about the USO, please visit uso.org.