Texas, Dallas (PRWEB) November 18, 2013
Promotional offers have been identified as essential for the airport retail industry for success in 2013-2014, according to European Business Travelers’ Airport Retail Trends, 2013-2014 – with 74% of survey respondents identifying the ‘promotion of price advantages over city-center retailers’ as the key activity that can optimize the business of airport retailers.
This report is the result of an extensive survey drawn from exclusive panel of European business travelers with regard to airport operators and retailers’ efforts to increase non-aeronautical revenues to capitalize on growing passenger volumes. It offers analysis of trends in airport retail, with an explanation of how opportunities and demand are set to change in 2013-14, providing access to the opinions and purchasing behaviors of business travelers, in addition to an examination of their expectations of total expenditure at airport retail outlets and necessary developments for better footfall.
Complete report available @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/european-business-travelers-airport-retail-trends-2013-2014-market-report.html.
This information is categorized by age, gender, income levels, region, travel destination, and travel frequency, examining a wide range of variables in regard to purchasing behavior in airport retail outlets. This facilitates the formulation of accurate expectations with regard to travelers’ behavior, in addition to the identification of key challenges, opportunities, product categories, and promotional activities to maximize revenue in the airport retail market, thereby making European Business Travelers’ Airport Retail Trends, 2013-2014 required reading for those seeking to position their businesses to meet the expectations and demands of European business travelers.
Some Key Insights Include:
- Overall, 30% and 34% of European business travelers identified that ‘more than 76%’ of their purchases at duty-free airport retail outlets were pre-planned and impulsive, respectively.
- In total, 32% of European business travelers declared that ‘less than 10%’ of their purchases at duty paid airport retail outlets were pre-planned, while 44% identified that ‘more than 76%’ of their purchases at duty paid outlets were impulsive.
- ‘Perfumes, cosmetics and personal care’ and ‘alcoholic beverages’ are the preferred product categories purchased in the last six months from ‘duty-free’ airport retail shops.
- The average time spent by business travelers at duty-free airport retail outlets is 25 minutes’, compared to 20 minutes’ at duty paid outlets.
- Overall, 29% of business travelers spend more than US$20 on food and beverages per visit; while another 29% spend between US$16-US$20.
- In total, 9% of European business travelers have used the shop and collect’ facility at airport retail stores within the last six months.
- Art and craft’, stationery and cards’, and food and non-alcoholic beverage’ are the most important product segments within the domestic brand’ category, while perfumes, cosmetics and personal care’, consumer electronics’, and tobacco’ are significant within the global brands’ category.
- Promoting price advantages over city-center retailers’ and adapting offers to passenger profiles’ are key activities that optimize the business of airport retailers, as identified by 74% and 45% of business travelers, respectively
Reasons to Buy:
- Obtain an insight into travelers’ likely expenditure in airport retail outlets, and a proper understanding of the necessary developments for better business travelers’ footfall.
- Identify key challenges and opportunities in shopping at duty-free and duty paid outlets, in addition to the key actions required to overcome the challenges.
- Accurate perception of the significance of pre-planned and impulse buying behaviors at airport retail outlets.
- Identification of key product categories that occupy a significant portion of airport retail space and recognition of the most popular products purchased in the last six months.
Purchase a copy of this report @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/purchase?rname=129155.
Browse more reports on Retailing Market @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/consumer-goods/retailing.
RnRMarketResearch.com is an online database of market research reports offer in-depth analysis of over 5000 market segments. The library has syndicated reports by leading market research publishers across the globe and also offer customized market research reports for multiple industries.