For experienced users ready to move up, this course is that next step. It opens up a whole world of new possibilities with SharePoint 2010.
Nashville, Tenn. (PRWEB) July 08, 2014
PremierPoint Solutions has released its latest course, “SharePoint Server 2010: Beyond the Basics.” The course is an introduction to the next level of features for those who have mastered the basics of SharePoint Server 2010, helping them leverage its power in greater measure for their organizations.
“Beyond the Basics” provides two days of training from an expert SharePoint instructor, teaching students about SharePoint capabilities that most users don't even know exist through a mix of lecture, demonstration, and hands-on lab exercises.
Students can choose from an in-person classroom experience or take a fully interactive class online. The course materials, developed by the SharePoint experts at PremierPoint Solutions, include a distillation of the lecture content, the PowerPoint slides, and the scripted hands-on lab exercises.
“So often we hear from students who have attended our foundational classes, ‘I’ve got the basics of SharePoint 2010 down, but I know it can do so much more. I’m ready to take the next step, but I don’t know what it is.’ For experienced users ready to move up, this course is that next step. It opens up a whole world of new possibilities with SharePoint 2010,” said Robert Schley, an instructor and consultant for PremierPoint Solutions.
Students will learn how to:
- Use SharePoint Server 2010 for Enterprise Content Management
- Automate basic business processes using SharePoint workflow
- Use the personalization and social computing features in SharePoint Server 2010 (including My Sites)
- Manage their organizations’ digital assets
- Unleash the power of Enterprise Search
- Enjoy the benefits of tagging items using Managed Metadata
- Target specific audiences with certain kinds of content using the Audience Targeting feature
- Work with a Document Set as though it were a single document
Upon completion of “Beyond the Basics," they will have an understanding of, and ability to competently use, many of SharePoint’s lesser known, but more powerful capabilities, such as:
- Social computing features
- Business process automation through SharePoint Workflow
- Content types
- Managed Metadata
- Publishing features
- Web content management
- And much more
The concepts and features taught in this course are applicable to both SharePoint Server 2010 Standard Edition and Enterprise Edition. Most of these features are not available in SharePoint Foundation 2010, the free edition.
While no pre-installation of software is required, each onsite student will need to bring a qualifying laptop to the class. Each live online student will need to have a qualifying computer to participate. Laptops can be verified on the PremierPoint Solutions’ website. Each student will have access to his/her own SharePoint 2010 site collection on a virtualized server.
“Beyond the Basics” contains 10 modules:
- Module 1: Content types
- Module 2: Workflow
- Module 3: My Sites and social computing
- Module 4: Rich media management
- Module 5: Enterprise search
- Module 6: Managed Metadata
- Module 7: Publishing and Web content management
- Module 8: Office web applications
- Module 9: Audience targeting
- Module 10: Document sets
Based in Nashville, Tenn., PremierPoint Solutions (formerly SharePoint Solutions) is a Microsoft Certified Partner and a nationwide leader in expert-led, in-person and online public classes on SharePoint products and technologies. The company’s software division professionally develops high-quality commercial add-ons for SharePoint. Many of the company’s courses and services are also applicable to Office 365.