The latest release of the Vocus Public Relations Suite provides unprecedented, fully integrated worldwide monitoring, analysis and services to meet the evolving and demanding needs of the modern PR professional.
Beltsville, MD (PRWEB) September 12, 2014
Vocus, Inc., a leading provider of cloud-based public relations software, today announced Vocus Public Relations Suite updates to increase news monitoring through a strategic alliance with LexisNexis, enhance reporting on press release pickup, offer customized human edited coverage reports, and further integrate and enhance PRWeb. These updates enable public relations (PR) professionals to monitor additional media outlets and access more detailed press release reports, featuring metrics on outlet reach and type.
“We do our best to deliver what customers tell us they need,” said Vocus Senior Vice President of Marketing and Product Management Mark Thabit. “The latest release provides unprecedented, fully integrated worldwide monitoring, analysis and services to meet the evolving and demanding needs of the modern PR professional.”
The updates included in the Fall ’14 release include:
Increased News Monitoring: Vocus has increased the number of media outlets monitored by the PR Suite to now total more than 225,000. The News on Demand feature has expanded to include available full-print coverage in 37 additional countries, an additional 60,000 international online news outlets, and more than 21,000 premium outlets from LexisNexis, one of the most respected companies in news and business research today. This enhancement gives customers a more comprehensive and complete global monitoring solution.
- Expanded Premium Monitoring via LexisNexis: Clients can now access full-text LexisNexis content from more prominent outlets within their Vocus PR Suite systems, including The Guardian, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times, Los Angeles Times, New York Magazine, New York Times, The Christian Science Monitor, The Indianapolis Star and USA Today. Customers can also add QuickShare functionality to share fully licensed content with their organization.
- Expanded International Online News Monitoring: To complement the print monitoring enhancements, the Fall ’14 release also adds a more robust online news outlet monitoring giving customers’ unprecedented worldwide access to more than 60,000 electronic articles, completely and seamlessly integrated into their PR Suite.
- Expanded International Print Monitoring: International print monitoring has been extended to an additional 37 countries worldwide, bringing the total to over 100 locations, allowing organizations to monitor their news beyond online coverage; no matter in which country their story appears in print.
PRWeb Impact Reporting: New reports are now available, which include metrics on outlet reach, type and location to give customers a better view of the impact of their press release through PRWeb and the PR Suite.
New Daily Coverage Reporting Services: The new Vocus News Bureau Services provide customers with the highest level of service for their daily news reporting needs. Each report is manually edited by an editor to filter customers' daily media coverage in order to deliver an emailed report of mentions tailored to their specifications.
PRWeb Improvements: Vocus' news distribution hub now offers new tools to help customers brainstorm better content ideas and write more compelling content. These tools are now available in the Vocus PR Suite, as well as the standalone PRWeb product.
- Make It Better Tool: This product update includes new star ratings for every step of the press release creation process, including the headline, sub-headline and body of a release, to help customers improve their release content and achieve better visibility online and in the media.
- Content Suggestion Tool: The number one request from PRWeb subscribers has been for help generating content ideas. With the Fall ’14 updates, PRWeb introduces a new tool to help guide PR professionals to create timely and relevant topics for better visibility and traffic. Users enter their keywords or phrases into the Content Suggestion tool, which returns a list of similar phrases and topics ranked in order of traffic and popularity.
To learn more about the enhancements to the Vocus PR Suite and PRWeb in the Fall ’14 release, please visit The Vocus Blog.
Vocus is a leading provider of public relations software that enables professionals to plan, execute and measure influencer-oriented campaigns in one integrated platform. Communications professionals from over 120,000 corporations, agencies and nonprofits use Vocus to access the world’s largest pitchable media and blogger database, distribute press releases, manage influencer outreach, measure social media activities, and analyze the effectiveness of communications campaigns. Vocus is the parent company to PRWeb, Help a Reporter Out (HARO) and iContact. It is headquartered in Beltsville, Maryland with offices in North America and Europe. For more information, visit http://www.vocus.com, call (800) 345-5572, or follow on Twitter @Vocus.