An increase of appetite, abundance of carbohydrate rich foods, and a lack of sleep has caused over 75% of respondents to gain weight.
London, UK (PRWEB UK) 30 December 2013
The challenge of following a healthy lifestyle plan gave way to indulgence over the Christmas period for most Brits. An increase of appetite, abundance of carbohydrate rich foods, and a lack of sleep has caused over 75% of respondents to gain weight.
The average number of calories consumed on Christmas day in food and beverages was more than 300% the recommended amount, with the typical menu consisting of smoked salmon, champagne, turkey, mince pies, Christmas pudding and lots of chocolate. Experts are calling this holiday excess weight gain Britain.
Most respondents found it difficult to lose the weight gained over the holiday season, even when setting it as a new year’s resolution. To help lose weight and detox a number of respondents are planning to go teetotal over January and cut back on their calorie intake. Over 30% said they would try a weight loss supplement such as ProBurn or CLA to help them lose weight quicker.
The survey conducted by VitaminPlanet.co.uk also showed demand for products to help general health, such as Omega 3 and Multi Vitamins was also high with Roger Small, the head nutritionist stating, "When feeling down and unhealthy, a boost in vitamins can help detox alongside a healthy diet that includes fresh fruit and vegetables, regular exercise and lots of water."
About Vitamin Planet (http://www.vitaminplanet.co.uk)
- One of the UKs leading direct supplier of vitamins & supplements
- Pure pharmaceutical grade vitamins & supplements
- Manufactured in GMP approved premises
- Products formulated by expert nutritionists
- Rigorous approach to quality
- Free delivery on orders over £25 with international options available
- User friendly site – clear layout, easy navigation & search, simple checkout
- 98% customer recommendation rate
- Useful product information, nutritional information, ingredients, dosage, related articles, related products and customer reviews
- New product launches each month
- Over 100 products for health and well-being