Washington, DC (PRWEB) January 06, 2014
It had all the makings of the most difficult Medicare Advantage (MA) and Part D Annual Election Period (AEP) ever amid 24/7 coverage of the botched rollout of the insurance exchanges — and countless stories about commercial plan cancellations. Now that the 2014 AEP is over, on Jan. 16, participants of the Atlantic Information Services webinar, “Medicare Advantage/Part D: Results & Trends From the Annual Election Period,” will hear analysis of the major results and trends in the 2014 AEP and what they mean for the 2015 AEP.
Jeff Fox, CEO of Gorman Health Group LLC, Timothy Lightner, director of senior market marketing and sales at Highmark Inc., and Roger van Baaren, vice president of Medicare sales and retention at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield, will report and analyze what happened in the AEP, why and what it means for plans in the next year. In a lively 60-minute presentation, followed by 30 minutes of responses to individual questions, participants will get insightful answers to key questions such as:
- How did MA and Part D new-market entries, exits, and benefit and premium changes affect the 2014 AEP?
- What impact did the publicity surrounding the snafu-filled startup of enrollment in the health insurance exchanges have on seniors’ decision making?
- What changes in shopping patterns did seniors display this AEP? To what extent are they expected to recur in the next AEP?
- How did MA plans change their marketing strategies this fall, including the use of “retail” and online? How effective were those changes, and why?
- What effect did narrower provider networks have on AEP results?
- How big of a role did star ratings play in AEP marketing? What evidence is there that seniors were paying attention to them?
- In what ways did CMS change its scrutiny of MA and Part D marketing in the just-completed AEP, and what impact did that have?
- What should plans do differently to prepare for the AEP for 2015?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c4a01_011614 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.