Our customers continue to be our best source for new functionality requests and No Limits Software prides itself on working closely with them to make sure that new features meet their needs for managing their data centers.
St. Louis, MO (PRWEB) January 06, 2014
No Limits Software announces the release of version 2.6 of their RaMP DCIM solution with support for putting devices into maintenance mode, enhanced ability to retire assets, workflow templates for recurring sets of tasks such as adding or moving equipment, support for hundreds of new models including PDI PDUs, additional contextual help, quick links to allow users to navigate directly to an asset from an email alert, and enhanced support for intelligent cabinets.
“The new release includes a number of enhancements and new functionality requested by our growing user base,” said Dave Cole, the president of No Limits Software and author of the Executive Guide to DCIM. He adds that, “Our customers continue to be our best source for new functionality requests and No Limits Software prides itself on working closely with them to make sure that new features meet their needs for managing their data centers.” RaMP was recently named one of the top ten DCIM solutions by Data Center Insider magazine.
Version 2.6 of the RaMP DCIM solution includes the following new features:
- Support for putting devices into maintenance mode
- Enhanced ability to retire assets
- Workflow templates for recurring sets of tasks such as adding or moving equipment
- Support for hundreds of new models
- Quick links to allow users to navigate directly to an asset from an email alert
- Enhanced support for intelligent cabinets
With version 2.6 of RaMP, users can now put an asset into maintenance mode. While in this state, the monitoring team won’t waste time reacting to alarms caused by maintenance (such as “UPS on bypass”) and can instead focus on operational alarms. When a device is moved into or removed from maintenance, the user will be prompted to enter the cause for and the results of the maintenance. Using RaMP’s advanced search capabilities and the ability for actions to be taken on multiple assets, placing a group of assets into maintenance mode can be done in a few mouse clicks.
RaMP v2.6 includes deep linking within all alarm and change notifications so the user can navigate to the asset directly from the notification, allowing the user to quickly check on the current state and configuration of an asset.
RaMP’s state of the art visual task and workflow management was enhanced in version 2.6 with template control to allow users to create reusable workflow models for frequent tasks such as installing a new server, moving equipment, and retiring assets.
As with each new release, RaMP includes support for hundreds of new models, from servers to infrastructure management equipment such as rack PDUs, cooling equipment and UPSs.
The RaMP DCIM solution provides the following benefits:
- Auto-discovery of detailed device information
- Power and environmental monitoring down to the device level
- Server monitoring to identify servers which should be retired, virtualized or consolidated
- Software and operating system license management
- Automated change control to reduce MTTR and increase availability
- Web services API for integration with other systems
- PUE, DCiE and CADE energy management calculations
- Accurate capacity planning data to reduce stranded power and shutdown risks
- Device type roll-up views for an easy way to quickly compare device performance
- Enhanced rack views (front and rear views, device type, status, power usage, temperature)
- Visual workflow and task management
About No Limits Software
No Limits Software is a leading provider of data center management solutions, including asset and change management, capacity planning and real-time monitoring. No Limits Software provides a unique solution through the automation of asset and change management, including the discovery of the asset location down to the rack unit. RaMP allows you to understand and more effectively operate your data center.