London, England (PRWEB) January 06, 2014
Here is a selection of the more prominent of mankind's attempts to nail the date of the end of the world using the bible prophetically.
1. Christoph Columbus: Columbus claimed that the world was created in 5343 BCE, and would last 7000 years. Assuming no year zero, that means the end would come in 1658.
2. Isaac Newton calculated that the end would come either in 1948 or in 2060.
3. Charles T. Russell and the Watchtower Society went for: October 1874, October 1914, Spring 1918, Spring 1920 and finally Summer 1975.
4. Herbert W. Armstrong (worldwide church of God) went for 1936, 1943, 1972, 1975.
5. Harold Camping was fairly specific and prolific proposing: September 6 1994, September 29 1994, October 2 1994, March 31 1995, May 21 2011, October 21 2011. Harold died on December 15 last year - just missing the events that he spent his life predicting.
6. Mayan calendar misinterpreters went for: December 21 2012, when they calculated that the last baktun would end - taking solar days for lunar days.
7. The Norse apocalypse, Ragnarök, is predicted to take place on February 22, 2014.
8. The Lords' Witnesses, by comparison, have made 401 predictions for the twin nuclear terrorist attacks which they assert begin the Time of Distress of Daniel 12.They then fasten their end times chronology onto these attacks. This puts the first man to board the greater fire resistant ark on 2014Sivan1 (June 1, 2014) and the last day of ark boarding as 2014Adar30 (March 22/23, 2015). It further puts the start of the greater lava flood as 2015Nisan8 (March 30/31, 2015) and the death of the first human from that flood as 2015Nisan14 (April 5/6, 2015) and the death of the last human (who fails to board the ark) at 2015Iyyar14 (May 5/6, 2015).
The first LW prediction for the end of the world was 2008Nisan14 (March 21/22, 2008). So why do they continue to revise their predictions when others give up before they reach double figures of failure?
Their president would respond as follows: "Jesus said: Keep on seeking and you will find. Keep on knocking and it will be opened to you. Keep on asking and ye shall find. Regrettably he did not put a time limit or an attempt limit on this promise. But we know that this promise must be true. We have knocked on the door 401 times. There cannot be much of that door left by now!"
For the details of their latest calculations please see http://www.truebiblecode.com/understanding271ao.html
For a full exposition of the Lords' Witnesses attempts to understand the literal, the symbolic, the cryptic and the coded numeric meaning of the scriptures, please visit http://www.truebiblecode.com.