Mobile email is ripe for innovation well beyond simple UI enhancements or functions that delay response until later. Tipbit creates real mobile productivity.
Belleveue, WA (PRWEB) January 06, 2014
Tipbit says stop worrying about Inbox Zero and start getting real work done on the go. Today, with the release of version 1.3 of its award-winning smart mobile inbox, Tipbit is adding numerous cloud-integrated enhancements for people on the go. New features in context, search, and smart task management enable Tipbit customers to act on inbox items in the moment and manage their inboxes on their mobile phones. Connections between the context-aware Tipbit inbox and Salesforce, Evernote, Dropbox, Box, iCloud, Sharepoint, Google Apps and many others make it easier for mobile workers to access the information and documents they need wherever they work.
“Tipbit customers want to work faster and smarter on the run. This most recent release of Tipbit takes the mobile worker that much closer to a true state of productivity while out of the office,” said Gordon Mangione, Tipbit co-founder and CEO. “Mobile email is ripe for innovation well beyond simple UI enhancements or functions that delay response until later. For instance, our one-tap clip to Evernote allows customers to easily collect important email information.”
Tipbit is filling a gap in mobile email for knowledge workers. Recent studies indicate that mobile email capabilities have not yet satisfied the needs of mobile knowledge workers. While mobile opens for all email have reached 51%, an all-time high, email opens on desktop clients, i.e. Microsoft Outlook, have remained stalled at 31%, showing that workers today often wait to return to their PCs to engage in email. Tipbit’s mobile email application enables busy professionals to tackle work even when they are away from their desk.
By uniting email, calendar and social context – along with personal search – Tipbit’s powerful ‘contextual indexing’ engine automatically delivers relevant content to mail or calendar, giving users immediate access to relevant information at their fingertips. Now, Tipbit complements existing context features with a wide-ranging set of new productivity enhancements to empower mobile knowledge workers, including:
- Smart context engine to automatically surface related or relevant messages, appointments, contacts and attachments as you work in email and calendar.
- Leading search functionality including keyword search of Calendar and Contacts or single tap to search Google for related people or topics in emails, meetings, contacts and documents.
- Simplified email management capabilities including unified Inbox across all email accounts, ability to mark emails as Read or Unread, favorite an email, meeting or person to quickly and easily find it later and print email and attachments via AirPrint.
- Broad set of meeting functions including “Create Meeting” feature to copy the content of an email into a meeting invite, ability to inform people you are running late for a meeting, tap on any phone number to dial, tap on address to get directions, easily propose new times for meeting requests.
- Ability to easily tap into favorite cloud services for sharing and storing including features that enable customers to save any email attachment to cloud services such as Salesforce, Evernote, Dropbox, iCloud, Sharepoint, SkyDrive, Box, Kindle, Google Apps, Good Reader, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote, among others.
- Ability to find, view or search any file you need immediately on Dropbox.
- “Clip to Evernote” feature to copy the content of an email into any Evernote notebook.
Tipbit supports the broadest range of email services including support for ActiveSync for Exchange and IMAP services such as Gmail and Yahoo. The Tipbit App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch at http://www.AppStore.com/Tipbit.
Tipbit is the 2013 winner of the SxSW V2 Venture competition in the mobile and table technologies category. For more information please visit https://www.tipbit.com and follow Tipbit on Facebook and Twitter at @tipbitinc.