...you don’t have to be a big shot to get a big paycheck—if you have the right skills in the right place at the right time.
Oklahoma City (PRWEB) January 08, 2014
Express Employment Professionals, the nation’s largest privately held staffing firm, today released a report on the highest paying jobs it filled in 2013. An office-by-office analysis reveals that 153 Express offices filled jobs that paid more than $50 an hour in a variety of fields.
To say these are above average wages is an understatement, and it illustrates the range of lucrative opportunities available for qualified workers. Geographically, the high paying jobs could be found across the country—from the East Coast to the West Coast, the Midwest and the South.
Jobs paying more than $50/hour could be found in nearly every field in which Express Employment Professionals places workers: accounting, information systems, engineering, manufacturing, health care, sales and marketing, and office services.
“Even in today’s economy, many companies have trouble finding the right talent, so when they do, they’ll often pay a premium,” said Bob Funk, CEO of Express, and a former chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. “Let me emphasize that these are above the average wages. These positions are good jobs that were filled by workers in fields like healthcare, accounting, technical work, and office services.
“In other words, you don’t have to be a big shot to get a big paycheck—if you have the right skills in the right place at the right time.”
Examples of positions filled include:
- $100/hour for an IT and business analyst position for a manufacturing company in Mobile, Ala.
- $95/hour for a senior accounting manager position in Bellevue, Wash.
- $72.11/hour for a director of operations position for a benefits company Atlanta
- $67.30/hour for a plant manager position in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- $62.50/hour for an executive director in health care position in Bend, Ore.
- $57.69/hour for a computer coder position in Fargo, N.D.
- $54.08/hour for a sales operations coordinator in IT position in Sandy, Utah
- $52.87/hour for a director of client services position in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- $50/hour for a mechanical engineer position in Plano, Texas
About Robert A. “Bob” Funk
Robert A. “Bob” Funk is chairman, chief executive officer and president of Express Employment Professionals. Headquartered in Oklahoma City, the international staffing company has 675 franchises in the U.S., Canada and South Africa. Under his leadership, Express has put more than five million people to work worldwide. Funk served as the Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and was also the Chairman of the Conference of Chairmen of the Federal Reserve.
About Express Employment Professionals
Express Employment Professionals puts people to work. It generated more than $2.3 billion in temporary sales in 2012 and ranks as the largest privately held staffing agency in the United States. Its goal is to put more than a million people to work.