Bend, Ore. (PRWEB) January 09, 2014
Bend Research Inc., part of Capsugel’s Dosage Form Solutions (DFS) business unit, will present scientific advancements related to a novel highly stable flu vaccine, solid-state protein stabilization, and cell-culture productivity improvements at industry meetings this month.
"At Bend Research we are delivering innovative and transformative technologies for achieving target product quality through science and engineering," said Lisa Graham, Ph.D., Senior Vice President of Bend Research. "We are eager to meet with clients and peers to discuss the latest developments in topics ranging from cell-line management methodology to optimization of the production environment."
PepTalk 2014, January 13-17, Palm Springs, Calif.:
- Jeff Breit, Ph.D., Director, will represent DFS / Bend Research at PepTalk in several events:
o A roundtable discussion titled "Solid State Protein Stabilization Through Formulation and Non-Lyo Based Process Strategies" on January 14 at 2 p.m.
o A presentation on "Development of a Room Temperature Stable Flu Vaccine Formulation Using Spray Drying" on January 15 at 2:35 p.m. Results will be presented that highlight the utility of a spray drying development process that integrates excipients, analytical tools and spray dry processes. This vaccine formulation program resulted in a clinically viable vaccine formulation and was a collaboration between PATH, Fraunhofer and Bend Research.
o A morning symposium on "QbD in Lyophilization Process Development and Scale-Up" on January 16 at 8:30 a.m.
IFPAC Annual Meeting, January 21-24, Arlington, Va.:
- Clint Pepper, Ph.D., Director, will present a poster titled "Gaining Optimized Cell-Level Observability and Data-Driven Process Guidance by Leveraging On-Line Technologies such as Dielectric Spectroscopy and At-Line Tools such as the Modular Automated Sampling Technology (MAST™) Platform." With this new technology, scientists can obtain enhanced data-driven guidance for key activities, such as cell-line selection and optimized processing. This provides for making major advances in real-time testing, predictive control, and overall enhanced bioprocess design and operation.
- Jim Mullin, Research Fellow, will present "Interpreting Cell Culture Behavior and Predicting Process Performance with the use of PAT Tools and Modeling Methods."
Biomanufacturing Summit, January 29-31, San Diego, Calif.:
- Bend Research will be exhibiting at Booth 35.
- Lisa Graham, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, will present "Leveraging Coupled Bioreactor Analytics, Automated Sampling, and Applied Mathematics to Improve Cell Culture Productivity" on January 31 at 11:45 a.m. By examining an emerging process-development methodology based on applying novel and existing monitoring technologies to bioreactor processes, Dr. Graham will explain how the methodology makes it possible to turn large raw data sets into useful guidance for process monitoring and development.
About Bend Research
For more than 35 years, Bend Research has worked with clients to create value by advancing new medicines that improve human health and to solve their most difficult scientific and technical problems. This success is based on the company’s ability to develop, advance, and commercialize pharmaceutical technologies, which grow from a solid base of scientific and engineering fundamental understanding. Bend Research is a leader in novel formulations, including spray-dried dispersion (SDD) and hot-melt extrusion (HME) formulations, as well as controlled-release, inhalation, and biotherapeutics technologies.
Bend Research is now part of Capsugel’s Dosage Form Solutions business unit headquartered in Morristown, N.J., providing access to additional technologies, R&D capabilities, and global manufacturing infrastructure for the advancement of client compounds from concept through clinical to commercial manufacture.
Bend Research has more than 250 employees based in six state-of-the-art facilities in Bend, Ore., USA, and is part of the global Capsugel network of 3,100 employees.
Capsugel is a global leader in delivering high-quality, innovative dosage forms and solutions to its customers in the health care industry. The company’s Hard Capsule business offers customers the broadest portfolio of gelatin, vegetarian and other specialized capsule technologies. Capsugel’s Dosage Form Solutions (DFS) business solves customers’ most pressing product development challenges, including bioavailability enhancement, modified release, abuse deterrence, biotherapeutic processing, and inhalation formulation. Capsugel DFS accelerates and improves product development through an array of proprietary technologies including lipids and liquids, spray-dried dispersions, hot-melt extrusions, and through specialized manufacturing including FDA/MHRA-accredited finished dosage sites that can handle highly potent, controlled substance, hormonal and oncology compounds. Headquartered in Morristown, N.J., Capsugel serves more than 4,000 customers in more than 100 countries. For additional information, visit [http://www.capsugel.com.