We had so much fun building my step van with Summit Racing that we had to do another project with them.
Tallmadge, OH (PRWEB) January 10, 2014
Summit Racing Equipment and "Top Gear on History" host Rutledge Wood are partnering on a new project for 2014—a 1953 Plymouth Suburban two-door station wagon.
In 2013, Summit Racing teamed up with Rutledge and American Resto Mods to build his 1949 Chevy step van. You can see the coverage of the build on Summit Racing's blog, OnAllCylinders.
“This thing is going to be my new family truckster—I can’t wait to get started!” Rutledge said about the Plymouth. “We had so much fun building my step van with Summit Racing that we had to do another project with them. And get this—I got the Suburban from The King himself, NASCAR legend Richard Petty! How cool is that?”
“We’re excited to be working with Rutledge Wood again,” said Jeff Winters, Summit Racing Chief Marketing Officer. “If he can make a Chevy step van cool, imagine how awesome this Plymouth is going to be!”
Randy Allgood at Kenwood Rod Shop in Fayetteville, Georgia will build the Plymouth wagon with a combination of traditional hot rod style and modern mechanicals including:
- BluePrint Engines 408 cubic inch small block Chrysler with EFI
- American Powertrain T-56 six-speed with McLeod clutch and Quick Time conversion bellhousing
- Heidt’s Mustang II front and four-link rear suspension
- Heidt’s 9 inch Ford rear axle
- Custom MagnaFlow dual exhaust system
- Complete Vintage Air climate control system
- Be Cool cooling module and March serpentine accessory drive
- Flaming River tilt steering column and Painless Performance wiring harness
Summit Racing will also be creating parts combos for the Suburban that will give enthusiasts a foundation for their own projects (click here to see the parts combos Summit Racing created for Rutledge’s 1949 Chevy van).
Enthusiasts can track progress of the Rutledge’s new project with stories and video at OnAllCylinders.
Summit Racing Equipment