New York and Long Island CPA Firm Gettry Marcus Lists Important January 2014 Tax and Reporting Dates
Leading New York City and Long Island CPA firm Gettry Marcus CPA, P.C. shares a January 2014 tax compliance calendar.
Woodbury, NY (PRWEB) January 17, 2014
Individuals and businesses are responsible for being aware of and meeting tax filing/reporting deadlines.
Gettry Marcus CPA, P.C., a leading New York City and Long Island CPA firm, summarizes important tax reporting and filing dates for individuals, businesses and other taxpayers for January 2014.
Employers: Semi-weekly depositors must deposit employment taxes for payroll date January 4–7.
- Employees who work for tips: Employees who received $20 or more in tips during December must report them to their employer using Form 4070.
- Employers: Semi-weekly depositors must deposit employment taxes for payroll date January 8–10.
- Individuals: Individuals that did not pay their income tax for the year through withholding (or did not pay in enough tax through withholding) may make a final payment of estimated tax for 2013, using Form 1040-ES, Estimated Tax for Individuals.
- Employers: Semi-weekly depositors must deposit employment taxes for payroll date January 11–14.
- Employers: Semi-weekly depositors must deposit employment taxes for payroll date January 15–17.
- Employers: Semi-weekly depositors must deposit employment taxes for payroll date January 18–21.
- Employers: Semi-weekly depositors must deposit employment taxes for payroll date January 22–24.
- Filing Season: The 2014 filing season officially begins.
- Employers: Semi-weekly depositors must deposit employment taxes for payroll date January 25–28.
- Information reporting: All employers must provide their employees with their copies of Form W-2 for 2013.
- Payers of gambling winnings: Payers of reportable gambling winnings or withheld income tax from gambling winnings for 2013 must provide the winners with their copies of Form W-2G.
- Nonpayroll items: Those who withheld income tax for 2013 on all nonpayroll items, including backup withholding and withholding on pensions, annuities, IRAs, gambling winnings, and payments of Indian gaming profits to tribal members, file Form 945 and deposit or pay any undeposited tax under the accuracy of deposit rules.
- Social Security/Medicare taxes: Employers who withheld Social Security and Medicare taxes report the withholding for the fourth quarter of 2013 on Form 941. Small employers may report withholding for the entire year using Form 944.
IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.
Gettry Marcus CPA, P.C., a top New York City and Long Island CPA firm with offices in Woodbury, Long Island and New York City. We provide accounting, tax, and consulting services to commercial businesses, high net worth individuals and various industries which include real estate and health care. We have one of the premier and most credentialed business valuation, litigation and forensic accounting groups in the New York Area. Our experience in diverse industries and a highly talented and experienced professional staff gives us the ability to share valuable insights into our clients’ businesses, to better understand their goals and problems and to help them attain the vision they have for their company.
Gettry Marcus is "Always Looking Deeper" to build value for our clients.
Media inquiries: Contact Fayellen Dietchweiler at 516-364-3390 ext. 225 or via email at Fdietchweiler(at)gettrymarcus(dot)com.