Hollywood (PRWEB) January 13, 2014
Jill Milan®, a provider of designer Italian handbags, today announced actresses Bryce Dallas Howard and Rashida Jones carried the luxury brand to the 71st Golden Globe Awards Sunday night. Ms Howard carried the Laurel Canyon Clutch in brushed silver and Ms. Jones carried the Holland Park Clutch in black and gold.
Ms. Jones stars in the NBC series “Parks and Recreation,” nominated for a Golden Globe in the category of Best Television Series for a Musical or Comedy. She was previously a regular on the NBC series “The Office” and has appeared in numerous films, including “I Love You, Man” and “The Social Network.” Ms. Howard, a previous Golden Globe nominee for her role in the film “As You Like It,” has appeared in films including “The Help,” “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse” and “Terminator Salvation.”
“We are so pleased two such talented and accomplished actresses carried Jill Milan to this year’s Golden Globe Awards,” said Jill Fraser, founder of Jill Milan. “I thought both their ensembles looked wonderful.”
Both the Holland Park Clutch and the Laurel Canyon Clutch are elegant handbags suited for day or evening. They are entirely handmade by an Italian jewelry artisan.
Jill Milan handbags are made entirely in Italy, by Italian artisans using Italian materials. Features include hand stitching and metalwork handmade by craftsmen who create jewelry for Europe’s leading luxury brands. All Jill Milan products are free of animal-based materials such as leather, fur and wool – Ms. Fraser was inspired to found Jill Milan because she was unable to find high-quality, luxury handbags that were not made of leather or other animal-based materials. She is a supporter of animal welfare initiatives, and as a former equestrian particularly supports charities that benefit horses.
Celebrities carrying Jill Milan include two of 2013’s Academy Award recipients, Anne Hathaway and Jennifer Lawrence. Other celebrities who have carried Jill Milan handbags for red-carpet appearances:
- Amy Poehler carried Jill Milan’s Art Deco Clutch to September’s Emmy Awards where she was both a nominee and a presenter.
- Kerry Washington, star of the ABC television series “Scandal,” carried Jill Milan’s Holland Park clutch to April’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner and has carried Jill Milan to a number of her film premieres.
- Katie Lowes, Kerry Washington’s “Scandal” co-star, carried the Jill Milan Art Deco Clutch to an Emmys party hosted by The Hollywood Reporter.
- Eva Longoria has carried Jill Milan handbags on several occasions, including to January’s presidential inauguration, and she was one of the earliest Hollywood celebrities to carry Jill Milan when she carried the Art Deco Clutch to the “Desperate Housewives” wrap party last year.
- Hailee Steinfeld carried the Holland Park Clutch to Vanity Fair’s Oscar Party in 2013.
- Actress Fiona Gubelmann of television’s “Wilfred” carried Jill Milan as a presenter at the 2013 Genesis Awards, as well as to numerous premieres.
- Singer Carrie Underwood carried the Jill Milan Holland Park Clutch to the CMT Artists of the Year awards and attended the American Music Awards carrying the 450 Sutter Clutch.
- Jaime King, who as a model appeared in such fashion magazines as Vogue, Mademoiselle and Harper's Bazaar, and as an actress appeared in films including “Pearl Harbor” and “Sin City” and presently stars in the television series “Hart of Dixie,” carried the Octagon Clutch to the Critics’ Choice Awards.
- Actress Stana Katic of television’s “Castle” carried Jill Milan to the “Game of Thrones” premiere and to the 2013 Film Independent Spirit Awards.
- Countess Michelle Czernin von Chudenitz is seen frequently in red carpet appearances carrying Jill Milan evening clutches.
- Actress Kristanna Loken, whose films include “Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines” and who has appeared on television’s “Burn Notice” and “The L Word,” carried Jill Milan to the 2013 FilmBall in Vienna, Austria.
Jill Milan handbags have drawn increased attention from influential fashion media. W Magazine has covered Jill Milan in multiple issues, including featuring the new Octagon Clutch in October. Bag Snob covered the Art Deco Clutch in a recent feature, and online entertainment, fashion, and lifestyle news magazine Entertainista named the SoHo Carryall one of the publication's “Must Have” handbags. The Zoe Report recognized the Newbury Street Portfolio for its ability “to go from the office to cocktail hour.” Wedding media publisher The Knot featured the Art Deco Clutch as part of a striking wedding ensemble. And influential fashion blog Wendy’s Lookbook featured photos of fashion writer Wendy Nguyen carrying the Art Deco Clutch on her trip to Florence, Italy.
About Jill Milan
Jill Milan is a provider of luxury Italian handbags and fashion accessories. Made of exquisite materials, Jill Milan products are crafted in Italy by artisans who have created handbags and accessories for some of Europe’s best known fashion houses. All Jill Milan products are free of animal-derived materials, and the company contributes to animal-welfare organizations. Jill Milan is the only luxury handbag line entirely free of animal-derived materials which regularly appears on Hollywood’s red carpets. Visit Jill Milan on the Web and follow Jill Milan on Facebook.
Jill Milan and the Jill Milan logo are registered trademarks of Jill Milan LLC, and are protected by trademark laws of the United States and other countries. Emmy is a trademark of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences and the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Academy Award is a registered trademark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. All other product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.