Nashville, TN (PRWEB) January 13, 2014
Ingram Content Group Inc. executives will be sharing knowledge and discussing book industry trends at events this week at Digital Book World 2014.
In addition to the sessions where Ingram is presenting, attendees of the event are invited to visit with Ingram associates at Booth B2.
Ingram will be presenting at Digital Book World 2014 and BISG's Making Information Pay for Higher Ed events.
- John R. Ingram, Chairman of Ingram Industries and CEO of Ingram Content Group, will participate in Looking Forward/Looking Back, a panel of book industry thought leaders, on Wednesday, January 15 at 4:35 pm. Panelists include Simon Lipskar, President of Writers House; and Mary Ann Naples, Vice President and Publisher of Rodale. Mike Shatzkin, Conference Council Chair and Founder and CEO of The Idea Logical Company, and Michael Cader, Creator of Publishers Lunch will co-moderate.
- Kelly Gallagher, Vice President of Content Acquisition North America, will participate in a case study presentation with Ken Brooks, Senior Vice President of Global Supply Chain Management for McGraw-Hill. In the session, Kelly and Ken will discuss big data, print on demand and zero inventory models. Making the Data Make Sense - How to use Analytics to Drive Digital and Print Decisions session will take place on Tuesday, January 14 at 1 pm.
- David Roland, Chief Venture Capital Officer, will participate in an Investing in Publishing Innovation panel on Tuesday, January 14 at 1:30pm. Other panelists include Adam Salomone, Associate Publisher, The Harvard Common Press; Troy Williams, President, Macmillan New Ventures; and Clare Peeters, Vice President and Managing Director, Corporate Development for Axel Johnson.
- Phil Ollila, Chief Content Officer, will moderate a panel of industry leaders in the session Publishing Without Inventory on Wednesday, January 15 at 2:45pm. Panelists include Allison Dobson, Vice President of Business Development, Random House; Arthur Klebanoff, CEO of RosettaBooks; and Marcello Vena, General Manager of the Digital Trade Book Business, RCS Libri.
- Kent Freeman, Chief Operating Officer of Ingram's leading e-textbook solution Vital Source Technologies, Inc., will participate in BISG's Making Information Pay for Higher Ed event on Monday, January 13. Kent will join Simon Allen, CEO of Macmillan Education; Sara Ittelson, Director of Business Development, Knewton, Inc.; Ashley Gordon, Vice President, Content and New Media, indiCo in Master Class: Industry leaders on the State of Higher Education, a closing keynote panel moderated by Len Vlahos, Executive Director of BISG.
Ingram Content Group Inc. is a subsidiary of Nashville-based Ingram Industries Inc. The company provides books, music and media content to over 39,000 retailers, libraries, schools and distribution partners in 195 countries. More than 26,000 publishers use Ingram’s fully integrated physical and digital distribution, logistics, and manufacturing solutions to access global consumer demand, and realize the full business potential of book content. Ingram’s operating units are Ingram Book Company, Lightning Source Inc., Vital Source Technologies, Inc., Ingram Periodicals Inc., Ingram International Inc., Ingram Library Services Inc., Spring Arbor Distributors Inc., Ingram Publisher Services Inc., Tennessee Book Company LLC, Coutts Information Services, and ICG Ventures Inc. For more information, visit http://www.ingramcontent.com.
Contact: Elizabeth Fielding 615.321.3110