Technology has revolutionized the way that enterprises tackle their business problems, while the Cloud has brought those tools to companies of all sizes.
Mountain View, CA (PRWEB) January 14, 2014
Qubole™, a leading provider of the next generation Cloud Big Data platform, is proud to feature Ovum Research’s Tony Baer in the next webinar of the ‘Secrets from the Pros’ series. On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 11:00 AM PST, Baer will join Qubole CEO Ashish Thusoo to present “Big Data in No Time: Getting Started with Big Data Quickly”.
As the barriers of entry to Big Data have reduced dramatically, enterprises of all sizes can take advantage of the technology. The only question is, what is the easiest way to get started?
Thusoo and Baer will bring their expertise to the public in this free webinar, in which attendees will learn about:
- The impact that Cloud-based Big Data has had on IT operations, data centers, and the enterprise.
- Real world Big Data use cases in the enterprise: customer churn analysis, sales and marketing, and operations improvement.
- How to leverage existing talent and resources (ie. SQL, Java skills) into immediate Hadoop success.
- Best practices for solving familiar problems in more efficient ways using Hadoop.
“Technology has revolutionized the way that enterprises tackle their business problems, while the Cloud has brought those tools to companies of all sizes. I am excited to have Tony Baer participate in this webinar to discuss how easy it is to get started in Big Data,” said Ashish Thusoo.
The “Big Data Secrets from the Pros” series has already offered six webinars to international audiences:
- Big Data Analytics Using Window Functions
- 5 Tips for Creating Fast and Accurate Hive Queries
- Build and Deploy Awesome Apache Hive UDFs
- Build a Big Data App in 30 Minutes
- Sentiment Analysis Using Hive
- Deploying Hadoop: Bare Metal or Cloud?
All six past webinars are currently available On Demand. It is recommended that viewers register for Qubole’s free 15 day trial of QDS in order to practice the techniques in an active hands-on environment.
Qubole is a leading Big Data as a Service provider. Ashish Thusoo and Joydeep Sen Sarma, creators of Facebook’s big data infrastructure and Apache Hive, founded Qubole to make it simple to prepare, integrate, and explore Big Data in the cloud.
Qubole’s Big Data-as-a-Service Solution, Qubole Data Service (QDS), runs on the top performing elastic Hadoop engine on the cloud and includes a library of data connectors with a graphical user-interface for Hive, Pig, Ooze and Sqoop. QDS makes it easy to inspect data, author and execute queries, and convert queries into scheduled jobs. With QDS, the power of Big Data meets the simplicity of the cloud.
The largest brands in social media, online advertising, entertainment, gaming and other data-intensive ventures trust QDS to handle their most challenging Big Data requirements at a fraction of the cost of alternatives. Customers include Pinterest, Quora, MediaMath, Insightera, Vocanic, TubeMogul, Decide.com, BigCommerce and many others.