(PRWEB) January 15, 2014
Small Modular Reactors (SMRs) have been a catalyst for renewed interest in the possibility of using smaller, simpler units for generating electricity from nuclear power. This interest is also driven both by a desire to reduce overall cost and to provide an alternative source of power to large grid systems. Recent developments have seen the Department of Energy award funding to NuScale Power for a five-year cost-share opportunity to develop, license and commercialize their SMR.
The Small Modular Reactor Conference provides an opportunity to appreciate firsthand the hot topics and advancements in SMR nuclear energy, with over 25 focused presentations and panels discussing issues such as licensing, funding perspectives, advanced reactors and case studies. It also gives real business opportunities and insider information regarding, amongst other things:
- The latest information on SMR technology and site licensing
- An understanding of the financing options for SMRs
- An opportunity to build a robust SMR supply chain
- An overview of the current status of the international SMR industry
Following on from a successful conference in 2013 that attracted many of the industry leaders, over 40 delegates have signed up to the 2014 conference in the last week alone! Thus far we have seen an increase of 97% on the total number of bookings compared to this time last year. Recently confirmed attendees to the 2014 conference include TOTAL, PVO, TVA, Gen4 Energy, EPRI, Fluor, AMEC and Rolls-Royce.
Regarding 2013’s event:
“A must-do conference for those interested in learning about this very promising technology”
- Duane Olcsvary, Director of Supply Chain, TVA
“Timely and relevant information with great speakers”
- Mark Peres, Executive Project Director, Fluor
Along with Generation mPower, the gold sponsors for this year’s conference, two new exhibitors (KINECTRICS and LeadCold Reactors) join Lehigh Heavy Forge, Cameco, ITLS and NAMCO as further key sponsors and exhibitors.
The 2014 conference will see a host of new and exclusive features for all attendees, including:
- Premium online networking suite to arrange meetings weeks before the event
- Advanced reactor workshop giving insight into latest technology trends
- Exclusive rates for leading utilities providing 20 half price passes for the biggest utilities
- Invite only supplier meeting to source a supply chain for your potential SMR project
The 2014 conference will also have a more international focus, following a study we conducted that found the leading names in the SMR industry are keen to hear more from the international community. Therefore we will be having a special panel focusing on the international opportunities that SMRs present. Confirmed representatives encompass a huge global span (including recently confirmed representatives from China, Mexico, France, Sweden, Finland, Canada and Germany) to give a more comprehensive overview of the international perspective.
As an incentive this year we are offering group discounts to enable as many people to experience this event as possible. To order tickets and for more information, please visit our website at https://secure.nuclearenergyinsider/smr