It is gratifying that the industry is also recognizing the superior operational, sales and marketing and technological support that we provide to hotel owners, said Best Western President and CEO David Kong.
Phoenix, Ariz. (PRWEB) January 21, 2014
2013 was another banner year for Best Western International, THE WORLD’S BIGGEST HOTEL FAMILY®, as the hotel chain received dozens of prestigious industry awards including 30 Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI) Adrian Awards, 22 Travel Weekly Magellan Awards, and a fifth consecutive hotel partner of the year from the American Automobile Association (AAA) and Canadian Automobile Association (CAA).
Best Western was recognized with many new distinctions in 2013 as well. Best Western was named the No. 1 hotel brand in L2’s Digital IQ Index, beating out 48 other brands. Best Western Rewards® was awarded the No. 2 spot on U.S. News & World Report’s inaugural list of the Best Hotel Rewards Programs. Best Western also won the TravelClick eMarketer of the Year award for integrated use of multiple digital platforms for drive bookings and engagement.
In addition, 41 percent of Best Western hotels globally received the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence distinction. This highly coveted award is determined by customer experience rankings and is usually awarded to just 10 percent of the total hotels listed on TripAdvisor.com.
“For 68 years, guests have recognized the Best Western flag for outstanding value and service,” said Best Western President and CEO David Kong. “It is gratifying that the industry is also recognizing the superior operational, sales and marketing and technological support that we provide to hotel owners. The people of Best Western are passionate about providing industry leading care for our guests and support for our hoteliers.”
The global hotel brand was recognized in 2013 with more than 75 awards and highlights demonstrating its tremendous value to hoteliers and investors. The honors included:
- No. 1 brand for consumer engagement in the midscale hotel brand category according to the 2013 Brand Keys Customer Loyalty Engagement Index (CLEI) for the fourth consecutive year.
- U.S. News & World Report Named Best Western Rewards the No. 2 hotel loyalty program, trailing only Marriott.
- Forty-one percent of Best Western hotels (1,573 hotels) around the world received the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence honoring hospitality excellence.
- Best Western hotels won Readers’ Choice awards from Condé Nast Traveler, Expedia Insiders, TripAdvisor and MLT Vacations.
- Compuware Best of the Web Gold Award for hotel website response time, availability and consistency, as well as the Last Mile Leader Award, for the second year in a row.
- TravelClick eMarketer of the Year for integrated use of multiple digital platforms for drive bookings and engagement.
- Gartner & 1to1 Media CRM Excellence Award for social and mobile engagement.
- EyeforTravel.com named Best Western’s mobile website the best in the travel industry.
- Named No. 1 hotel brand in L2’s Digital IQ Index, beating out 48 other brands, and earning a “Genius” designation.
- Two Brand Activation Association REGGIE Awards for the “Be a Travel Hero” Facebook promotion.
- Canadian eTourism award for Best Online Campaign.
- AAA/CAA Hotel Partner of the Year Award for the fifth straight year, as well as AAA Best in Marketing, Best in Technology and Best in Service awards.
- Best Western won partner awards from the National Tour Association, Automobile Club of Southern California, Tourico Holidays, Receptive Services Association of America, Friedrich, Office Depot and University of Phoenix.
- 30 HSMAI Adrian awards, including two platinum and 15 gold for excellence in advertising, public relations and digital marketing.
- 22 Travel Weekly Magellan Awards, including 11 gold, for outstanding advertising, public relations and marketing efforts in the travel industry. This was the highest number won by any brand in the industry.
- TTG Asia Best Mid-range Hotel Brand for the seventh consecutive year.
- Best Western Europe won its sixth ARC Europe Show Your Card Award for its partnership with European automobile clubs.
- Siegel Gale’s Global Brand Simplicity Index ranked Best Western Germany as the No. 1 hotel brand in Germany and Best Western International as the No. 2 global brand for simplicity.
- Best Western’s Glenn de Souza, vice president of international operations in Asia, was named to the Hotelier Middle East Power 50 most influential hotel professionals.
ABOUT BEST WESTERN INTERNATIONAL, INC.
Best Western International, Inc., headquartered in Phoenix, Ariz., is a privately held hotel brand made up of more than 4,000* BEST WESTERN®, BEST WESTERN PLUS® and BEST WESTERN PREMIER® hotels in more than 100* countries and territories worldwide. Now celebrating 68 years of hospitality, Best Western welcomes hundreds of thousands of guests nightly. Best Western provides its hoteliers with global operational, sales, marketing and promotional support, and online and mobile booking capabilities. More than 20 million travelers are members of the brand’s award-winning loyalty program Best Western Rewards®, one of the few programs in which members earn points that never expire and can be redeemed at any Best Western hotel worldwide. The brand’s partnerships with AAA/CAA and Harley-Davidson® provide travelers with exciting ways to interact with the brand. In 2012, Best Western won a record number of awards, including AAA’s Hotel Partner of the Year, CAA’s Partner of the Year, TravelClick’s eMarketer of the Year and Compuware’s Best of the Web Gold awards.
For more information or to make a reservation, please visit bestwestern.com.
*Numbers are approximate and may fluctuate.
# # #