Charleston, SC (PRWEB) January 17, 2014
Dig South, the Southeast's first and foremost event celebrating the digital economy, released details of its speaker lineup for the second annual event. The interactive and music festival held April 9-13 in Charleston, SC, will feature more than 175 leading minds, presenting on a wide range of topics impacting the digital and knowledge economy, including software and app development, marketing and social media, investment capital, digital publishing and more.
Launched last year, Dig South is dedicated to growing and elevating all things digital in the Southeast, connecting entrepreneurs, executives, founders, funders, coders, gamers, designers, dreamers and innovators across the spectrum. This year’s event is expected to draw more than 750 participants to the interactive conference and 5,000 attendees to the Expo, concerts and related networking events.
"This slate of top-shelf presenters represents the industries of the future," said DIg South founder Stanfield Gray. "With a superb first year under our belt, we’re excited to invite the public to interact, connect with, and get inspired by more than 175 leading innovators in technology and other creative industries."
Entrepreneurs, early-stage startups, C-level executives and investors in digital technology, marketing, publishing, media and a vast array of businesses using digital platforms and innovative strategies to succeed will be at Dig South.
Top presenters include:
● Richard Bullwinkle, Head of Television Innovation, PIT at Samsung Electronics – San Francisco, CA
● Will Marré, Co-founder and former President of the Covey Leadership Center, CEO, REALeadership Alliance – San Diego, CA
● Scott Lamb, VP/International, Buzzfeed – New York, NY
● Jesse Redniss, Chief Strategy Officer, Mass Relevance – Austin, TX
● Brent Herd, Director, Southeast Sales, Twitter – Atlanta, GA
● Ben Ortman, Social Business Connector and Innovator, Global Accounts, LinkedIn – New York, NY
● Marci Zaroff, President/CMO, Portico Brands, ECOlifestyle pioneer & serial ECOpreneur – New York, NY
● Tige Savage, Managing Partner, Revolution Ventures – Washington, DC
● Clay Delk, Content Strategist, Facebook – Palo Alto, CA
● Dan Juengst, Product Marketing/Strategy, Cloud Business Unit, Red Hat – Washington, DC
● Sid Evans, Group Editor, Time Inc. – Birmingham, AL
● Lisa Maki, Co-Founder and CEO, PokitDok – Menlo Park, CA
● Jim Russell, Partner, Chief Innovation Officer, McKinney – Durham, NC
● Jason Denenberg, Director of Entrepreneurship, LaunchTN – Nashville, TN
● Tim Kelly, Founder, Zubie – Charleston, SC
● Jessica Derrick, VP & Brand Development Director, Garden & Gun Magazine – Charleston, SC
● Jonathan Jeter, Innovation Consultant/Culture & Capability, ?WhatIf! – New York, NY
● Manoj Govindan, SVP, Strategic Partnership and Marketing Executive, Technology Discovery and BizDev, Merrill Lynch – Charlotte, NC
“The culture of the web is shifting, and in 2014 we'll see the rise of a global Internet culture, with memes born in Brazil, migrating to Russia and then going viral globally,” said Scott Lamb, VP International at Buzzfeed. “I can think of no better place to talk about viral media as a global language than Dig South in Charleston, home to world-class food, Bill Murray, and—according to the Wikipedia page I just looked up—the second longest cable-stayed bridge in the Americas."
Session topics at Dig South will include discussion on Big Data, the Media, Social Media and Multichannel Marketing, Cloud Computing, Mobile Platforms and Revenue Models, Entrepreneurship, Investment Capital, Cybersecurity, Digital Health, Heritage Brands, Digital Publishing, Tech Culture and Ecosystems, Gaming and disruptive innovation across nearly every sector of the economy.
ABOUT DIG SOUTH
The Dig South Festival is the first and foremost event elevating the Southeastern digital economy. Held annually each April in Charleston, Dig South connects executives, entrepreneurs and other leading innovators across a broad array of industries. The Festival includes an interactive conference, tech and creative industry expo, investor pitch events, hackathon, shindigs, concerts and more. To learn more, visit digsouth.com.
Festival sponsors include the College of Charleston, Raptor Capital Management, PokitDok, The Citadel Graduate College, SCRA, Production Design Associates, Evening Post Industries, SOUTH, Charleston Magazine, Bay Street Biergarten, O-Ku, Maga Design, Knight Printing, WCSC, Benefitfocus, K&L Gates, Whole Foods, Intersect Communications, Indaco, SPARC, Garden & Gun, College of Charleston School of Business, S.C. Department of Commerce, CHARLIE, CRDA, EnVeritas Group, Zubie, Cassina Group, nclud, Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce, C1CFOs, Advantage Media, Telogical Systems, Charleston Music Hall, Hilton Garden Inn, BoomTown, The Charleston Museum, The Alley, SeaChange, Rawle Murdy, On Ideas, Objectivity Squared Wealth Management, Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP, Revolution Ventures, High Wire Distilling, Life Cycle Engineering, Coastal Coffee Roasters, Cathead Vodka, MyPhoneMD.
# # #