WritePad's input method for Android OS aims to replace the on-screen keyboard with PhatWare's proven handwriting recognition technology and can be used for text input in any Android application.
(PRWEB) January 21, 2014
PhatWare Corporation announces today the new major version update of WritePad for Android, enabling vastly improved text input in the user's own handwriting with a stylus or finger. WritePad 4.0 was designed to deliver considerably faster note-taking by offering multiple suggestions for words or phrases as notes are input in the user’s own handwriting. As a user writes, alternative recognition results and completion of words are presented in a scrollable suggestion bar next to the text, allowing a user to select an alternative result if the initial translation of the handwriting was incorrect. For more information about WritePad for Android, visit http://www.phatware.com/writepadandroid.
To further speed-up and simplify the process of taking notes on Android Smartphones and Tablets in the user’s own handwriting, WritePad 4.0 now features auto-complete for single words. This feature will enable users to move more quickly from one word to the next. Other new features include improved keyboard appearance, the Recognition Timeout input mode, which would send recognized text to the target application after an adjustable timeout when user stops writing, and support for ARM, X86 and MIPS based Android devices.
WritePad's input method for Android OS aims to replace the on-screen keyboard with PhatWare's proven handwriting recognition technology and can be used for text input in any Android application. WritePad 4.0 has been optimized for the best performance on a variety of latest Android Tables and Smartphones, including Google Nexus, Samsung Galaxy, Motorola Droid, HTC Evo, and others. It is especially useful on pen-enabled tablets, such as Samsung Galaxy Note.
WritePad features 4th generation handwriting recognition technology, which supports practically any handwriting style, including cursive (script), print, and mixed. The software analyzes pen strokes written in the designated WritePad area, then converts those pen strokes into text and sends the recognized text to the target application. While many handwriting recognition tools for smartphones and tablets leave users frustrated with the app’s inability to correctly interpret their handwriting, WritePad’s state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software will adapt and learn the user's style of writing as it is being used.
Key WritePad features include
- Reliable handwriting recognition in English, Dutch, Danish, French, Finnish, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish, and Spanish languages
- Statistical analyzer, which improves overall handwriting recognition quality by addressing common recognition errors. If this feature is enabled, WritePad will learn the user's own handwriting style.
- Integration with any application allowing text input, such as email, SMS, notes, word processing, and others.
- Customizable auto-corrector, which automatically fixes common spelling and recognition errors.
- Editable user dictionary to improve recognition of custom words and names not included in the main dictionary.
- Built-in full keyboard with auto-complete; if needed, users can switch between keyboard and handwriting with the single touch of a button.
- Built-in calculator, enabling users to write simple equations such as "22.3+15.66=" and WritePad will calculate the result.
WritePad Availability and Pricing
WritePad 4.0 is available now and is sold through the Android Market and other authorized resellers and is priced at $9.99. A free 3-day trial version of WritePad is also available and can be downloaded from PhatWare web site. For more information about WritePad for Android, visit http://www.phatware.com/writepadandroid.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, and note-taking, database, and network management software development. To learn more about PhatWare, visit http://www.phatware.com.
Copyright © PhatWare Corp. 2013. PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. PhatWare and WritePad are registered trademarks of PhatWare Corp. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Android, the Android logo, and Google are registered trademarks of Google Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.