The IQS333 is the first capacitive controller to offer two precision 11-bit scroll wheels or sliders in a single package. With the integrated 8-channel PWM LED driver the IQS333 can be used to implement a complete user interface.
Austin, TX (PRWEB) January 23, 2014
Azoteq, the world leader in proximity and touch solutions, today announced the release to market of the IQS333. The IQS333 is the first capacitive touch and proximity controller that offers two 11-bit scroll wheel or sliders. Competitive capacitive controllers typically only offer 8-bit resolution that not fine enough for applications such as instrumentation, audio equipment and appliances.
The IQS333 offers 7 self-capacitance or 9 mutual-capacitance channels. Proximity wakeup allows very low power consumption until the user interacts with the product. The IQS333 also 8 PWM LED drivers to implement fade in/out backlights. The PWM dimming does not require any overhead from the host controller.
“The IQS333 is the first capacitive controller to offer two precision 11-bit scroll wheels or sliders in a single package. With the integrated 8-channel PWM LED driver the IQS333 can be used to implement a complete user interface,” said Kobus Marneweck, VP of Marketing.
- 7 Self or 9 Mutual Channel Capacitive Controller
- 2 Configurable 11-bit sliders/scroll wheels
- Advanced on-chip digital signal processing
- Automatic Tuning for optimal performance (ATI)
- User selectable Proximity and Touch thresholds
- Long proximity range
- Automatic drift compensation
- Fast I2C Interface
- Event mode or Streaming modes
- 8 PWM LED/ GPIOs drivers (5mA source/10mA sink)
- Hardware PWM set through I2C memory map –
o No overhead from host
o Dimming modes available, up and down
- Minimum, maximum & adjustable limit levels for dimming modes
- Low Power, suitable for battery applications
- Supply voltage: 1.8V to 3.6V
- <3μA Active sensing in Low Power mode
- Audio equipment
- White goods and appliances
- Office equipment, toys
- Medical and test equipment
- Blu-Ray, DVD players, TVs
Pricing and Availability
The IQS333 will be priced at $0.42 in quantities of 1000. For orders of greater than 1M the IQS333 is priced at $0.29.
IQS333 samples and production are available from Mouser now.
About Azoteq (Pty) Ltd
Azoteq (Pty) Ltd (http://www.azoteq.com) is the world leader in proximity and touch solutions for switches, sliders, scroll wheels and touch screens in consumer and industrial applications. Azoteq (Pty) Ltd has design and manufacturing centers in South Africa and China. Azoteq (Pty) Ltd has sales offices and distributors in South Africa, Asia, Europe and the USA.
IQ Switch®, ProxSense®, LightSenseTM, AirButton®, DYCALTM are trademarks of Azoteq (Pty) Ltd.