RAPID 2014 is a great representation of the industry’s growth, and offers new and seasoned exhibitors a chance to grow their prospect list, connect with decision-makers from diverse industries and reach buyers who are focused on manufacturing technologies
Dearborn, MI (PRWEB) January 21, 2014
The 2014 RAPID Conference and Exposition has already confirmed more than 12,000 square feet in exhibitor space, surpassing RAPID 2012 and on pace to pass the record set at RAPID 2007 of just less than 17,000 square feet. With more than four months left until the event kicks off, the high volume of exhibitors is indicative of the growing popularity in additive manufacturing technologies, such as 3D printing and 3D scanning.
“RAPID 2014 is a great representation of the industry’s growth, and offers new and seasoned exhibitors a chance to grow their prospect list, connect with decision-makers from diverse industries and reach buyers who are focused on manufacturing technologies,” said Debbie Holton, director of events and industry strategy at SME. “For an organization like SME, which has been the additive manufacturing industry leader and authority figure for nearly 25 years, it’s an exciting time to see decades of the industry’s research and hard work receive global recognition from entrepreneurs, consumers and media alike.”
The RAPID show floor is designed to optimize interactions among exhibitors and attendees, and this year it will be offering new demos and activities, including:
- Personal 3D Playground – Exhibitors and attendees will directly experience 3D printing and scanning in the RAPID lab.
- Additive Manufacturing/3D Printing Resource Center – Exhibitors and attendees will listen to tech briefings to better understand the industry, while also enjoying networking opportunities to build new relationships and shape the future of additive manufacturing.
- Innovation Exchange – Exhibitors and attendees will receive motivation to develop the next big thing in additive manufacturing through a display of the most ground-breaking advances to-date.
- Slot Car Championships – Exhibitors and attendees are being challenged to not only create, but also to race their own 3D-printed slot cars. Interested participants can register with Materialise.
RAPID 2014’s exhibit floor provides exhibitors with the one place in the world where all of the industry’s leaders, enthusiasts and newcomers connect under one roof.
“SME's RAPID has been a go-to-trade-show for Cideas for over seven years,” said Mike Littrell, president, Cideas, Inc. “RAPID showcases the latest growth, and advancements in the additive manufacturing and 3D printing industry. From service, materials and equipment, RAPID offers a one-stop-shop to see the services and products available in the additive manufacturing industry."
In addition to the exhibit floor, SME’s Rapid Technologies & Additive Manufacturing Community (RTAM) will once again sponsor two exhibitor awards. The RTAM-sponsored awards recognize excellence in innovation and exhibiting, including:
- Exhibitor Innovation Award – This award honors the exhibiting company with the most innovative or technologically advanced new or improved product on the show floor.
- Best in Show Award – This award honors the exhibiting company with the greatest “wow” factor – both technically and aesthetically – by being interactive, visually appealing and engaging.
The 2014 RAPID Conference and Exposition is being held at Cobo Center, in Detroit, Mich. The exhibition floor opens on Tuesday, June 10 and ends on Thursday, June 12. Exhibitor and general attendance registration is now open.
Additionally, RAPID 2014 is co-located with The Big M and the International Manufacturing Research Conference.
More information can be found at sme.org/rapid. To learn more about exhibiting at RAPID 2014, email exposales (at) sme (dot) org. To learn more about attending RAPID 2014, go to sme.org/rapid. Follow RAPID on Twitter @RAPID_Event, like on Facebook, and follow on Google Plus.
For nearly 25 years, RAPID, produced by SME, has defined the crucial role of additive manufacturing and empowered the establishment of an industry that continues to conceive, test, improve and manufacture new products at a faster, more cost-efficient pace. As the leader and authority figure in additive manufacturing, RAPID attracts buyers, sellers and end-users of design, prototyping, tooling and direct digital technologies to a world-class event for discovery, innovation and networking. For more information, please visit sme.org/rapid.
SME connects all those who are passionate about making things that improve our world. As a nonprofit organization, SME has served practitioners, companies, educators, government and communities across the manufacturing spectrum for more than 80 years. Through its strategic areas of events, media, membership, training and development, and the SME Education Foundation, SME is uniquely dedicated to advancing manufacturing by addressing both knowledge and skill needs for industry. At SME, we are making the future. Together.