Our focus in 2013 was to deliver 'eyeballs, clicks, and leads' to our subscribers. Our analysis supports our projections and our leadership position in the industry.
Chapel Hill, NC (PRWEB) January 22, 2014
Today the Kitchen and Bath Channel released the statistical analysis of its 2013 online growth. The figures confirm the establishment of the Kitchen & Bath Channel as a resource for homeowners searching for remodeling professionals, design inspiration, knowledge and tips related to home improvement, with emphasis on kitchens and bathrooms.
During 2013, the cumulative statistics for the App (iPhone, Android and BlackBerry platforms) showed strong growth with the user base increasing by 61% and use of the app increasing by 47%. The app's most popular feature is to search for a nearby professional using geo-location technology, with 75% of users taking advantage of this feature, while custom searches were performed by 50% of users.
The website’s popularity experienced explosive growth in 2013, as compared to the record-breaking previous year, highlighted by:
- Visits to the website increased by over 40%, exceeding an average of 10,000 per month.
- Visits from tablets increased by 160%; with mobile devices up 104%.
- Social Media spurred amazing growth introducing thousands of new visitors to the Kitchen & Bath Channel.
- New visitors from Google+ increased by 2900%.
- New visitors from Pinterest increased by 436%.
- New visitors from the YouTube Channel increased by 400%.
- New visitors from Facebook increased by 44%.
- New visitors from LinkedIn increased by 33%.
- The most popular website features also showed continued growth.
- New visitors to the Inspiration Pages increased by 133%.
- New visitors to the Design Secrets increased by 30%.
- Visitors spent an average of 12.24% more time on the site.
- New visitors from the US increased by 66.75% and make up 80% of visitors.
According to co-founder and partner Philip D. Zaleon, “The numbers actually surprised us. We knew that the kitchen & bath industry accepted us as a viable research and educational tool for their clients, but these numbers verify that we are becoming more universally accepted – and that will help us grow and put us in the position to increase our offerings to homeowners.”
Max Isley, CMKBD, co-founder and partner, additionally noted, "Our focus in 2013 was to deliver 'eyeballs, clicks, and leads' to our subscribers in the ever-evolving confusion we call the Internet. Our analysis supports our projections and our leadership position in the industry. We are working diligently to assure a repeat performance for 2014 and beyond."
About the Kitchen & Bath Channel:
The Kitchen & Bath Channel is an online, mobile and social media community linking homeowners with kitchen & bath design and remodeling professionals.
It is the homeowner’s destination for research, education and shopping — the place to find your next kitchen and bath or remodeling professional, whether you are online or “on the go.”
From The Kitchen & Bath Channel, you have access to blog postings about design, Tweets and Facebook updates, videos, project photos and an array of other ways to find the perfect professional for your next project – including step-by-step directions to our partners’ showrooms!