Minnesota, MN (PRWEB) January 23, 2014
WHAT: GreenSchoolsConnect (GSC) powered by Earth Force, is coming to Minnesota linking regional networks of school district teams with sustainability leaders and practitioners from corporate, higher education, nonprofit, and government organizations. Partners will spend two days working on action plans to accelerate the systemic implementation of green and sustainable practices in school districts. Following the two-day event, participants will spend a year working in ‘pods’ to accomplish specific sustainability goals identified during the launch.
WHEN: January 29-30, 2014
WHERE: 3M Customer Innovation Center
2350 Minnehaha Avenue East
Maplewood, MN 55119
WHO: 70 Regional Partners including school districts, city government, non-profit, university, and corporations
Elizabeth Groginsky – Chief Operating Officer, Earth Force
Mark Buckley – Vice President of Environmental Affairs, Staples
Sheri Brezinka – Executive Director, USGBC MN
WHY: GreenSchoolsConnect works to build international bridges between school districts and community stakeholders to design a plan for implementing and improving sustainability policies and practices to:
- Produce operational cost savings and improve efficiency.
- Solve challenging problems and build momentum.
- Create healthier school environments for students and staff.
- Increase eligibility for grants and awards such as Green Ribbon Schools and others.
- Build community partnerships supporting sustainability for your students and staff.