Singapore and Malaysia present IVD markets and opportunities with healthy prospects and solid fundaments in clinical demand.
New York, NY (PRWEB) January 30, 2014
Kalorama Information has published “IVD in Singapore and Malaysia,” a detailed look at the market for in vitro diagnostics in these important dual markets. The whole of Southeast Asia represents a unique market development opportunity for healthcare providers and their various industry suppliers, including the in vitro diagnostics (IVD) industry. In this report, Kalorama details two nations that are expected to provide opportunity for IVD manufacturers: Singapore and Malaysia. The nexus of regional trade, and a leading port and center for the entire Asia-Pacific, is Singapore. The city-state features the most developed and highest rated healthcare system in Southeast Asia and serves as the headquarters and regional manufacturing center for some medical device, biotechnology, IVD, and pharmaceutical companies.
Its neighbor Malaysia, an upper middle-income nation has arguably the second-most developed healthcare system in Southeast Asia. Through Singapore or Kuala Lumpur, IVD companies have access to approximately 35 million potential patients, over 700,000 annual medical tourists, and healthcare systems with higher per capita spending than anywhere else in Southeast Asia or anywhere in Asia outside of Japan, Australia, or Korea. Singapore and Malaysia present IVD markets and opportunities with healthy prospects and solid fundaments in clinical demand.
This Kalorama Information Report, “IVD in Singapore and Malaysia” contains the following data:
- Healthcare Statistics for Singapore and Malaysia
- Significant Hospitals in Both Countries
- The Lab Market in Singapore and Malaysia
- Markets for Key Segments Clinical Chemistry, Microbiology - ID/AST, Microbiology - Molecular, PointofCare - OTC Diabetes, PointofCare - OTC Other, PointofCare- Professional, Immunoassays - Infectious Disease, Immunoassays - Other, Urinalysis, Molecular Diagnostics, Coagulation, Histology, Hematology, Blood Testing and Typing, Flow Cytometry)
Multinational companies participate in the Singaporean and Malaysian market. Among those companies profiled in this report are the following:
- Abbott Laboratories (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Beckman Coulter Singapore Pte Ltd
- Becton Dickinson Medical (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Bio-Rad Laboratories (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- bioMérieux Singapore Pte Ltd
- Life Technologies Holdings Pte Ltd
- Roche Diagnostics Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
- Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Pte Ltd
- Sysmex Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
Kalorama Information’s report can be found at: http://www.kaloramainformation.com/IVD-Singapore-Malaysia-7961659/
About Kalorama Information
Kalorama Information, a division of MarketResearch.com, supplies the latest in independent medical market research in diagnostics, biotech, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and healthcare; as well as a full range of custom research services. We routinely assist the media with healthcare topics. Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and our blog.