The right time clock can be a robust tool.
Livonia, Michigan (PRWEB) January 23, 2014
Attendance on Demand is pleased to release a new white paper which discusses the benefits of employees managing and tracking their own work hours. Time clocks today can be so much more than an automated punching system. This white paper discusses how the right time clock not only empowers employees to take initiative with their time tracking but also helps ease the administrative burden placed on supervisors and Human Resource staffs.
But how can employees be positively motivated to manage their own time tracking? With a time clock that has the following features:
- Touch-screen technology. A touch-screen interface offers a more intuitive experience and reduces uncertainty or confusion.
- Alerts. The most important factor when increasing employee accountability are alerts which indicate action or information required from an employee. Because employees are guaranteed to use a time clock twice or more during the workday, time clocks with alerts prompt employees to take action on important information.
- Missing punch entry. Once the missing entry is brought to the attention of an employee, the employee can enter the missing punch information immediately on-screen.
- Department Transfer. Time clocks that easily accommodate department transfer encourage employee accuracy and better labor management since time is correlated correctly to appropriate department and cost center.
- Leave requests. Time-off requests are a major administrative undertaking, especially during holidays. Time clocks which allow employees to request time-off through the interface encourage earlier and easier requests and easier tracking of a supervisor’s response. This allows supervisors to better schedule labor in their department.
These features also make typical administrative tasks much easier and faster. Freed from the daily headaches of tracking down missing punches, putting a stop to “buddy punching,” and ensuring accurate time keeping between different departments, supervisors can focus on more long-term priorities.
“The right time clock can be a robust tool,” said Beth Baerman, Director of Corporate Communication at Attendance on Demand. “It encourages accountability and empowers employees to better manage time tracking to the benefit of the individual worker and the overall organization.”
Today’s multifaceted, multifunctional time clocks can allow employees to address a variety of time-related problems while also easing the time tracking problems supervisors and HR staffs experience on a day-to-day basis.
Attendance on Demand supports the labor management needs of thousands of companies and more than a half million employees across North America. Launched in 2006, Attendance on Demand is a rapidly deployed, cloud-based solution that minimizes a company’s risk and technology investment while providing advanced features for securely managing labor data—calculating pay rules, scheduling employees, budgeting labor, and automating recordkeeping for labor law compliance. With standard uptime over the industry average of 99.995% and above average customer retention rates, Attendance on Demand removes the worry of maintaining expensive infrastructure. An extensive North American distribution network helps organizations use Attendance on Demand to reduce labor expenses and improve decision making.