The company’s history with the Open Compute Project stretches back to 2009, when Quanta designed server boards for Facebook in a partnership that predated formation of the Open Compute Project.
Fremont, California (PRWEB) January 23, 2014
Open Compute pioneer Quanta QCT will unveil and provide live demonstrations of what will be the first Open Compute battery backup system available at the Open Compute Summit next week in San Jose.
At booth B9, visitors can see a live demo of the Quanta QCT Battery Backup System (BBS). The 1U, 21-inch Open Rack compatible design delivers a three-minute discharge, providing an ample widow for bringing datacenter generator power online during a grid-power outage. Four lithium ion battery units per 1U BBS are designed in a modular, hot-pluggable configuration. The BBS is fully integrated with the OCP Power Shelf and Bus Bar Architecture.
The Quanta QCT BBS will be available in late Q2 through channels.
Quanta QCT, the leading provider of server, storage and network products for cloud computing datacenters, was named an OCP Solution Provider in 2013. The company’s history with the Open Compute Project stretches back to 2009, when Quanta designed server boards for Facebook in a partnership that predated formation of the Open Compute Project.
Additional OCP products on display include:
- F03C and F03A – 2 Open Unit, 3-node and 4-node (respectively) servers in a 21-inch Open Rack configuration. The F03C is widely used in production environments, while the F03A is the highest density 2 OU, 4-node design available in the Open Rack standard.
- S1M – 2 Open Unit, 42-node Atom-based high-density microserver in a 21-inch Open Rack configuration
- JBR and JBFA – Just a Bunch of Disks (JBOD) storage device in a 21-inch Open Rack configuration. The JBR is a production-ready 28x hard disk JBOD for immediate Open Rack deployment. The JBFA is a next-generation JBOD with improved 30x hard disk capacity. The JBFA is also 12G SAS ready.
- T3048-IZ1 – ToR switch based on the Intel Open Network Platform
- T5032-LY6 – Top-of-rack (ToR) switch based on the Broadcom Trident II chip, supporting Open Network Install Environment (ONIE)
About Quanta QCT
Quanta QCT is the leading provider of server, storage and network switch products for cloud computing datacenter customers that demand the engineering and manufacturing capabilities provided by one of the world's largest hardware companies, but require hardware tuned and optimized to their unique workload specifications. Headquartered in Fremont, Calif., the company's parent is Quanta Computer, Inc., a US$34 billion FORTUNE® Global 500 company with more than 100,000 employees located at engineering, manufacturing, sales and support facilities worldwide. http://www.QuantaQCT.com