Catonsville, MD (PRWEB) January 24, 2014
INFORMS today announced the first details of its 2014 Conference on Business Analytics and Operations Research, including executives speaking in the keynote program and event features such as the Franz Edelman Competition for excellence in applied analytics, O.R. and Advanced Analytics, software tutorials, case studies in applying analytics, a premier job fair for professionals, and facilitated networking sessions.
The INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics and Operations Research provides real-world examples and methodologies for how to "apply science to the art of business.” It features presentations on real-world applications of analytic solutions, presented by global industry and university leaders. INFORMS expects more than 900 attendees for its 2014 conference – the largest analytics-focused event of its kind - which will be held March 30 through April 1, 2014 at the Westin Boston Waterfront in Boston, Massachusetts.
"Under the theme “The Analytics Revolution,” the 2014 INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics and O.R. will highlight the most significant innovations and advances in the use of analytics, operations research and big data," said Freeman Marvin, INFORMS conference chairman. "Attendees will have the opportunity to experience firsthand how the application of analytics is changing the way business is conducted across many industries and transforming everyday life for millions of people around the world.”
The three-day conference program will feature 100 sessions including the signature event keynotes by analytics pioneer and industry thought leader Thomas Davenport and Disney senior executive Kathy Kilmer. Top executives and academics confirmed to deliver presentations at the 2014 Conference on Business Analytics and O.R. include:
- Thomas H. Davenport – “Analytics 3.0: Where Big Data and Traditional Analytics Meet.”
Hear first-hand from the thought-leader who pioneered the concept of “Competing on Analytics.” Davenport’s best-selling 2006 Harvard Business Review article and 2007 book, co-authored with Jeanne Harris, launched the revolution that has made analytics the hottest business trend and “data scientist” the sexiest job profile. His most recent book, Keeping Up with the Quants: Your Guide to Understanding and Using Analytics, with Jinho Kim, has been called “the quantitative literacy guide” for managers. A new book, Big Data at Work, will be published in early 2014 by Harvard Business Press.
- Kathy Kilmer - Director, Sales Channel Planning and Analytics at The Walt Disney Company
- James C. Fackler, MD - Associate Professor, Department of Anesthesiology/Critical Care Medicine and Pediatrics Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Therese Fitzpatrick, PhD, RN - Dept of Health Systems Science, Univ. of Illinois-Chicago
- Mark Hayward, MS - Administrator, Robert D. and Patricia E. Kern Center for the Science of Health Care Delivery, Mayo Clinic
- Michael L. McManus, MD - Senior Associate in Critical Care Medicine, Medicine and Perioperative Anesthesia Children’s Hospital Boston; Associate Professor of Anesthesia (Pediatrics) Harvard Medical School
- Martin Isaac Meltzer, PhD, MSc. - Senior Health Economist and Distinguished Consultant Lead, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Eben M. Haber, PhD - Research Staff Member, IBM Research
- Dominique M. Hanssens, PhD - Bud Knapp Professor of Marketing, UCLA
- Steven Tramposch, MBA – VP Consumer and Market Intelligence, Heineken USA
- Amy O'Connor, MBA - Big Data Evangelist, Cloudera
- David Kletter, Senior Vice President, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Russell Labe, Director, Decision Support Modeling, Bank of America
- Kathy Lange, Senior Director, Business Analytics Practice, SAS
- Jeff Winters, Director, Small Package Operations Research, UPS
- Anthony James Grichnik, BSME - Innovation Leader, Intelligent Systems, Caterpillar
- Mark Grabau, MS - Managing Director, Operations Analytics, Accenture
- Mani Janakiram, PhD, MBA - Director, Supply Chain Strategy & Analytics, Intel
- James E Matheson, PhD - Chairman & CFO, SmartOrg Inc. Consulting Professor, Management Science and Engineering, Stanford University
- David M. Steier, PhD - Director, Advanced Analytics and Modeling, Deloitte Consulting
- Kerem Tomak, PhD, Vice President, Marketing Analytics and CRM, Macys.com
- Simon Zhang, MD, MBA, Director, Business Analytics, LinkedIn
- Kathy Koontz, Associate Vice President, Customer Analytics, Nationwide
- Tim Rey, MS, Director, Advanced Analytics, Steelcase, Inc.
These analytics professionals will be joined by 80 other presenters to offer in-depth track sessions, job fairs, technology workshops and more:
- Analytics Connect Job Fair: Attendees will meet with employers from a wide variety of industries and sectors seeking new talent for their organizations.
- Executive Forum: Special program tailored for senior executives provides a bottom-line understanding of how analytics is used to drive better business decisions.
- Technology Workshops: In-depth training from leading solution providers, free to conference registrants.
- Birds of a Feather: Facilitated discussion groups that provide structured networking around cutting-edge topics.
- Soft Skills Workshop: full-day, intensive, case-based workshop provides you with skills that can make or break a successful implementation.
- INFORMS Professional Colloquium: Intensive career guidance for practice-oriented master’s and doctoral students.
- Richard E. Rosenthal Early Career Connection: Exclusive networking program for junior faculty and young industry practitioners.
The INFORMS 2014 Conference on Business Analytics and Operations Research show floor will showcase offerings from dozens of exhibitors who will have the opportunity to reach analytic/quantitative professionals and key decision-makers who influence the buying decisions of major corporations.
INFORMS is the leading international association for professionals in analytics and operations research (O.R.). INFORMS advances research, and develops and promotes best practices in analytics and O.R. through collaboration, knowledge sharing, and professional development. INFORMS helps business, government, and other organization professionals make better decisions to drive value to their organizations and society. Our certification program (CAP®), highly cited publications, educational meetings and conferences, continuing education, industry and process focused networking communities, competitions, and recognition provide professionals with the knowledge and connections they need to achieve ever greater value for their organizations. Further information about INFORMS can be found online at http://www.informs.org or @informs. Information about the 2014 Conference on Business Analytics and Operations Research can be found here: http://meetings.informs.org/analytics2014/.