Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange gave us the ability to quickly establish LTE roaming connectivity with other key operators with minimal effort and minimal cost.
San Jose, CA (PRWEB) January 24, 2014
Aicent, the world’s leading multi-service IPX network provider of mobile data network services and solutions for global mobile operators, today announced the signing of an agreement and the successful rollout of LTE roaming connectivity with ANTEL, Uruguay’s largest telecom provider and first commercial LTE operator in Latin America. This new LTE roaming connection is the first of its kind – an LTE connection between two operators in the Caribbean and Latin American region. By connecting to Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange solution, ANTEL now has access to an extensive network of over 55 global mobile operators supporting 4G/LTE based networks within Aicent’s growing LTE roaming hub.
- According to Informa’s LTE forecast for Latin America and Caribbean countries, the growth of LTE connections is predicted to be considerable, with an expected growth from approximately 1 million connections in 2013 to over 82 million connections by 2018. This emphasis by Latin American mobile operators to implement 4G/LTE networks is due in part to the large influx of visitors expected to travel into Latin America as a result of two highly anticipated sporting events, the World Cup and Olympics, scheduled to take place in Brazil.
- By successfully connecting to Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange, ANTEL is able to offer their mobile subscribers uninterrupted access to a growing network of international LTE operators. ANTEL subscribers will have access to a seamless and consistent LTE roaming experience as they travel between Uruguay and other global LTE networks. Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange is supported by Aicent’s global IPX network designed to deliver 4G services including voice, data, and video all with superior quality and guaranteed security, over a single connection, with assured interoperability and interworking between operators and supported by Aicent’s Diameter Routing Platforms located in North America, Europe, and Asia – giving ANTEL immediate access to global 4G voice and data roaming opportunities.
Eng. Claudio Reyes, Global Agreements Manager, ANTEL
“With the integration of Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange, ANTEL is able to eliminate the complexities of interconnection and interworking associated with global LTE roaming by offering a single connection point while enabling protocol interworking across multiple global mobile operators. Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange solution gave us the ability to quickly establish LTE roaming connectivity with other key operators with minimal effort and minimal cost.”
Louie Abonador, General Manager, Latin America and Caribbean, Aicent
“With the rapid growth of smart devices and their increasing hunger for data dependent applications, it is no surprise that LTE with its ability to mitigate the impending signaling surge and data demands of next-generation mobile users has become a priority for a prominent mobile operator such as ANTEL. As a leading supplier of LTE roaming solutions to the world’s mobile operators, Aicent is pleased that ANTEL chose our LTE Roaming Exchange solution as a key enabler of LTE roaming services for their evolving subscriber base.”
- About Aicent: http://www.aicent.com
- About ANTEL: http://www.antel.com.uy
- Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange http://aicent.com/roaming/lte-roaming
Aicent, ANTEL, LTE Roaming, LTE, IPX, IPX Transport, 4G, Diameter Signaling
ANTEL is a state owned company, leader in the Uruguayan telecommunications market with more than 40 years of experience and an extensive modern digital network throughout the country. The company provides vanguard fixed and mobile services including mobile telephony, fixed telephony, and data. Since 2011, it has developed and implemented infrastructure to enable it to deliver fiber-to-the-home, with already 57% of accessible homes connected with this technology. It also was the first mobile network in Uruguay and Latin America with a commercial 4G LTE (Long Term Evolution) network, through which its clients navigate at speeds of up to 20 Mbps download on their mobile devices, enjoying the same benefits as in their homes via fiber optic connections. For more information, visit ANTEL on the Internet: http://www.antel.com.uy.
Founded in 2000, Aicent, Inc., is the world’s largest multi-service IPX provider of data network services and solutions connecting to over 200 global mobile operators, including ten of the worlds’ largest. Through extensive partnerships and peering arrangements, Aicent’s network reaches all 2G, 3G and 4G LTE operators around the world allowing mobile subscribers to roam seamlessly between international operator networks. The company's roaming hub supports integrated mobile messaging solutions and value added data roaming and global reach infrastructure services designed to help carriers maximize revenue opportunities. For more information, visit http://www.aicent.com.