Mississauga, Ontario (PRWEB) January 31, 2014
Selling a home is one of the biggest and most important financial transactions that one would make in their life. Doing it alone would be unwise, which is why home sellers seek out the services of a real estate agent.
A good real estate agent can actually make a substantial difference. They know the market inside out, have direct access to MLS, and have the right network of contacts to help home sellers through the real estate transaction. On top of that, they are excellent negotiators, so they can get the best possible deal out there.
The key for any home seller is to not only find the right real estate agent, but a great one. Here, the home seller should be keen on finding a real estate agent who will always have their best interests at heart.
Here are fifteen questions every home seller should ask a real estate agent in order to determine not only how good they are, but also if they are the right fit.
1. How long have you been selling real estate?
2. What is the percent of sellers compared to buyers that you serve?
3. May I see your resume?
4. What systems do you have in place that will keep you in constant contact with me during the listing and the transaction?
5. Are you fully automated with your own personal computer, fax machine, copier, mobile phone, etc.?
6. May I see all the paperwork that you are going to ask me to sign?
7. What professional designations do you have?
8. How much time and money do you invest each month in professional training?
9. Why are you personally motivated to sell my house?
10. Why should I list with you rather than any other real estate agent?
11. What kind of experience and training do you have in negotiations?
12. How many homes do you sell in a year?
13. Will you personally be there when contracts are presented and handle all the negotiations?
14. Do you have a web site?
15. Will you directly market the property online?
Usually, in order to find the right fit, a home seller may have to interview several. The best approach is to actually talk with friends and family and seek a referral.
An interesting note is that in real estate, someone who has sold many homes for sale usually costs roughly the same as someone who is inexperienced.
The sale of a home could well be the most important financial transaction a home seller has ever been involved with. The person selected to overlook that transaction can be the difference between a satisfying and profitable experience, or a terrible one. The bottom line is that it is the home seller’s choice, and they should make that choice, very carefully.
About Search Realty
Search Realty Corp.,Brokerage is a real estate company utilizing the best tools and technology to serve the needs of today’s Home Buyers, Sellers and REALTORS®. Search Realty Corp. has quickly grown to 100+ websites, over 15,000 Unique Visitors per month and 135,000 Page Views per month.