Berkeley, CA (PRWEB) January 29, 2014
LifeLong Medical Care’s Berkeley Primary Care health center has received recognition as a Level Three Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). This highest level of recognition is for using evidence-based, patient-centered processes that focus on highly coordinated care and long-term participative relationships. The patient-centered medical home is a model of care emphasizing care coordination and communication to transform primary care into “what patients want it to be.”
“The patient-centered medical home raises the bar in defining high-quality care by emphasizing access, health information technology and partnerships between clinicians and patients. PCMH Recognition shows that LifeLong Berkeley Primary Care has the tools, systems, and resources to provide their patients with the right care at the right time,” said NCQA President Margaret E. O’Kane.
To receive Level 3 Recognition, which is valid for three years, LifeLong Berkeley Primary Care demonstrated the ability to meet the program’s key elements embodying characteristics of the medical home, including:
- written standards for patient access and continuity of care;
- use of patient feedback materials;
- appropriate use of charting tools to track patients and organize clinical information; responsive care management techniques with an emphasis on preventive care for individual patients and for the entire patient population;
- adaptation to patient’s cultural and linguistic needs;
- use of information technology for prescriptions, test and referral tracking, and coordination with other health care providers;
- use of evidence-based guidelines to treat chronic conditions; and the measurement and reporting of clinical and service performance.
Level 3 PCMH recognition highlights LifeLong’s commitment to provide high-quality health and social services to underserved people of all ages; create models of care for the elderly, people with disabilities and families; and advocate for continuous improvements in the health of our communities.
LifeLong Medical Care provides high-quality health and social services to the residents of Alameda, Contra Costa, and Marin Counties at 30 sites in northern California. Its Berkeley Primary Care Health Center is located at 2001 Dwight Way in Berkeley, CA. LifeLong COO Brenda Shipp and LifeLong Quality Director Crystal Eubanks are available for interviews. To schedule an interview, please call 510-981-4154.
For more information about LifeLong’s services, locations, and care teams, please visit http://www.lifelongmedical.org or call 510-981-4100.
NCQA is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations. It also recognizes clinicians and practices in key areas of performance. NCQA is committed to providing health care quality information for consumers, purchasers, health care providers and researchers.