San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) January 28, 2014
Combat that dry, dull, acne-prone skin with natural skincare tips and products. Ayla (aylabeauty.com), an online natural skincare boutique, offers advice from top skincare experts and product recommendations for those who are looking to give their skin, particularly dry and breakout-prone complexions, the relief and nourishment it craves.
Thrashing winds, dry air, chilly temperatures, and indoor heating all can suck extra moisture from skin—leaving skin looking dull, flaky, or inflamed. Dry skin with acne is particularly challenging to treat because most acne treatments are made for oily skin. Luckily, top New York City facialist Julia March provides Ayla with a few cures and preventive measures to combat winter woes.
Here are Julia’s top five tips for dry skin with acne:
1) Once or twice a week, use a salicylic acid or white willow bark cleanser rather than a leave-on acne treatment. Leave-on medication typically dries out skin even more and causes further breakouts. (Medik8’s betaGel is an exception and works well on dry skin as a spot treatment).
2) Wash face with plain lukewarm water in the morning and use a creamy cleanser on alternate evenings when not using a salicylic acid cleanser.
3) Keep the rest of your regimen simple and gentle: just moisturize with a lotion or light cream, such as MyHavtorn’s Organic Face Cream during the day.
4) At night, take a break from creams when breakouts are occurring to let skin breathe and encourage its natural detoxification process. Instead, use an oil or a gel mixed with oil. (Great choices include The Organic Pharmacy’s Antioxidant Gel and Kahina’s Argan Oil.)
5) Hydrate and nourish skin with a clay mask mixed with raw honey either once a week or bi-weekly if skin feels very dry.
Julia also recommends using a weekly hydrating mask to keep skin balanced and nourished, such as the new Hydra-Enzyme Mask from Luzern Laboratories. Introduced just in time for the coldest months of winter, Luzern’s Hydra-Enzyme Mask leaves skin hydrated and radiant. Naturally made with exfoliating pumpkin enzyme as well as moisturizing hyaluronic acid, organic sweet almond oil, and olive-derived squalene, this mask helps dissolve dead surface cells and infuse skin with hydration for a brighter, suppler complexion. It also contains stabilized vitamin C and organic licorice extract to leave skin firmer and diminish the appearance of visible lines and wrinkles. This mask is excellent for all skin types, particularly those dealing with clogged pores, dullness, and dehydration. With buddleja davidii extract to fight free radicals and fight inflammation, it’s also great for sensitive skin.
For more information on winter skincare for dry, acne-prone skin, click here.
Ayla is an online beauty retailer that offers consumers personal guidance for skincare that works. To ensure its customers get healthy, great-looking skin from the inside out, Ayla combines the best natural, organic, and “nasty-ingredient-free” products with expert recommendations and holistic skincare advice. Since 2011, aylabeauty.com has built a loyal following for its highly personalized and convenient experience. Ayla is a privately held company with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.