London, UK (PRWEB) January 29, 2014
In 2008, the Icelandic travel and tourism industry witnessed a considerable downturn due to the difficult economic situation in the country and the collapse of 3 commercial banks. Iceland’s GDP dropped by nearly 6.6% in 2009, and in 2010, the decline was 4.1%. Interestingly, the volcanic eruption in Eyjafjallajökull in 2010 benefited the tourism and travel industry, as many people came to Iceland to see the volcanic activity. While high unemployment rates in the country adversely influence the performance of the Icelandic travel and tourism industry. Recently, the country has witnessed an increase in the arrivals of tourists from the emerging countries. Between January and September 2013, the total number of the Russian tourists, passing through Keflavík International Airport, grew by 54.3%, and the number of Chinese tourists registered a 24.4% increase.
The international departures from the country are forecast to experience positive growth in terms of volume, driven by the enhancing air capacity and improved connectivity to the major destinations. The performance of the Icelandic hotel sector is highly dependent on tourism’s seasonality. Thus, the occupancy rate in Reykjavík (the main tourism hub in the country) stood at 39.6% in January 2012 and at 91.9% in June 2012. Growing tourist numbers together with the booming car rental business resulted in new players entering the national tourism market; for instance, Red Car Rental launched its operations in Iceland in August 2013.
New research report "Travel and Tourism in Iceland to 2017" worked out by Timetric has been recently published by Market Publishers Ltd.
Title: Travel and Tourism in Iceland to 2017
Published: January, 2014
Price: US$ 1,950.00
The topical research report provides access to a profound all-encompassing analysis of the Icelandic travel and tourism industry performance. It unveils valuable insights into the industry’s actual state and historical background; dissects the tourism spending patterns in Iceland by different industry sectors in detail; discloses vital cutting-edge information on the tourism demand factors and covers the tourism flows in the country. The report investigates the top trends in various industry sectors; and also offers a critical overview of the prevailing trends in travel intermediaries industries. Besides, the topical study presents comprehensive profiles of the dominant market participants, describes the competitive scenario, as well as offers a detailed future outlook for the Icelandic travel and tourism market through 2017.
- Extensive analysis of the Icelandic travel and tourism market, encompassing a thorough discussion of travel and tourism trends, a SWOT analysis, a detailed country overview, along with a demographic profile.
- Profound examination of the inbound, domestic and outbound tourism flows.
- Historical and present industry performance estimates.
- Granular analysis of the major trends in the airline, car rental, hotel and travel intermediaries industries.
- Summary of the travel and tourism demand factors.
- Comprehensive profiles of the top companies active in the national market.
- Valuable information on the tourism spending patterns in the country for different industry categories, like entertainment and sightseeing, transport, foodservice, accommodation, etc.
- Forecasts of the Icelandic travel and tourism market development through 2017.
More new research reports by the publisher can be found at Timetric page.