Cary, NC (PRWEB) January 29, 2014
Leading exterior building products manufacturer, Ply Gem, will host the ProTalk Education Series at the 2014 NAHB International Builders’ Show (IBS) in booth C3820, February 4-6 in Las Vegas. During the three days of the show, more than 15 informational courses will be presented by outside industry experts and members of Ply Gem’s internal product development team.
Ply Gem will kick off the show on Tuesday, February 4 at 10:15 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. with an outdoor living presentation hosted by Ahmed Hassan, celebrity landscape contractor as seen on DIY Network’s Yard Crashers, and Damon Lang, owner of Las Vegas’ Green Planet Landscaping seen on Yard Crashers and Kitchen Crashers.
The series will continue during the three days of the show with key presentations by:
- Mike Speciale, owner of Sett Studio and one of Austin’s top-tier sustainable builders of modular studios and energy efficient homes. (Tuesday at 11:15 a.m. – NAHB course*)
- Kim Lewis, architectural designer of Kim Lewis Designs and former lead designer for ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. (Tuesday at 1:15 p.m.)
- David Mayer, director of marketing for Houzz, the leading online platform for home remodeling and design. (Tuesday at 3:15 p.m. and Wednesday at 10:15 a.m.)
- Deryl Patterson, AIA, partner, and Steve Moore, senior partner of marketing for architectural firm BSB Design (Tuesday at 2:45 p.m. and Wednesday at 11:15 a.m. NAHB course)
- Students from Appalachian State University, one of only three U.S. universities selected to participate in the prestigious Solar Decathlon Europe 2014 (Thursday at 11:15 a.m. NAHB course)
“We have a full roster of courses lined up, and we expect attendees to come away with new insights on some of the latest ideas from experts in the industry to help grow their business,” said John Stephenson, senior vice president, marketing, Ply Gem.
As part of the newly launched Ply Gem Build Forward program, Ply Gem has also invited the best and brightest inventors in the industry to pitch their innovations on stage in front of a panel of judges in the booth. Presentations begin on Thursday, February 6 at 9:00 a.m. and all show attendees are welcome to watch.
For the full ProTalk Education Series by Ply Gem schedule, go to http://www.pgprotalk.com. During IBS, follow Ply Gem on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/plygem) and Twitter (@PlyGemNews) for photos, videos and updates direct from the show floor.
*The three National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) approved education sessions can count toward continuing education credits.
About Ply Gem
Ply Gem (NYSE: PGEM), headquartered in Cary, N.C., is a leading manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Ply Gem produces a comprehensive product line of windows and patio doors, vinyl and aluminum siding and accessories, designer accents, cellular PVC trim and mouldings, vinyl fencing and railing, stone veneer and gutterware, used in both new construction and home repair and remodeling in the United States and Canada. Ply Gem siding group brands include Mastic Home Exteriors®, Variform®, NAPCO®, Mitten®, Cellwood®, Georgia-Pacific Vinyl Siding and Accessories, Durabuilt®, Ply Gem® Stone, Ply Gem® Trim and Mouldings, Ply Gem® Fence and Railing, Ply Gem® Accents and Shutters, Leaf Relief®, Leaf Logic™, Leaf Smart™, and Monticello® Columns. Ply Gem windows and patio door brands include Ply Gem® Windows, Mastic® Replacement Windows, Ply Gem® Canada and Great Lakes® Window. The company’s brands are sold through short-line and two-step distributors, pro dealers, home improvement dealers and big box retailers. Additionally, Ply Gem distributes a wide-variety of exterior building products including replica-stone, fencing, railing, windows and doors and architectural accents via export globally and offers installation services in western Canada under the Gienow Renovations by Ply Gem brand. Ply Gem employs more than 6,000 associates across North America. Visit http://www.plygem.com for more information.