Romulus Community Schools is a district of choice for our family. Students are constantly challenged to excel in academics and social development. As parents, we have established meaningful relationships with the teachers, staff and other families.
Romulus, MI (PRWEB) January 30, 2014
Romulus Community Schools has opened enrollment to students outside the district and those currently living in the district for 2014. Students who live outside the district and are looking at Romulus Community Schools for School of Choice have until January 30, 2014 to submit applications.
Students within the district can enroll in Romulus Community Schools anytime throughout 2014. Romulus Community Schools has limited registration slots for non-district students. To become part of a school district where student advancement, parent involvement and classroom technology are emphasized, enroll at any of the District Schools, the Board of Education Office or email the School District at enroll(at)romulus(dot)k12.mi.us.
“Romulus Community Schools is a district of choice for our family. Students are constantly challenged to excel in academics and social development. As parents, we have established meaningful relationships with the teachers, staff and other families. Romulus Community Schools is not a default district, it is a district of community and excellence; it is a district of choice,” said Devon Safford, Romulus Elementary Parent.
All students who are residents of Romulus are eligible to apply for enrollment in any Romulus Community School that has an available opening at the grade level the student will be entering. Students who reside in a school district outside of Romulus in Wayne County may apply for enrollment under the Schools of Choice, depending on available openings.
Romulus Community Schools offers unlimited opportunities to students and sets itself apart from other area schools in a multitude of ways:
- Romulus Elementary was awarded the Reward School by the state for its improvement in student achievement, and being in the top 5% of schools in the Top-to-Bottom ranking.
- Parent participation is at an all-time high
- Classrooms are equipped with interactive technologies
- Bi-monthly events are held to showcase student work with parents and those within the community
- Morning and Afternoon Child Care available through Latchkey and Boys and Girls Club
- A dedication to 21st century learning with classrooms fully equipped with educational technology
- Recipient of the $5.4 Million School Improvement Grant
- Offers advanced classes for students who are excelling in their studies
- Junior and senior program for college - Romulus Early College allows students to graduate from high school with both a high school diploma and an associate’s degree.
- Only district in Wayne County that offers an open associates Early College Program.
- Offers Dual Enrollment
- Boasts a Culinary Arts program with a student operated restaurant, overseen by Chef Banks.
- Advanced Placement courses
- First rate inter-scholastic athletic program
“Our obligation as a learning community is to provide the opportunities, skills, and capacities to enable our children to paint their brightest future” said Interim Superintendent Marjie Mcanally. “Our commitment to student learning is huge and engaging our community for the purpose of increased student achievement has never been more important. Student achievement is our top priority and focus. Our district's motto is: High Expectations, High Achievement, Everyone, Every Day."
For more information on Romulus Community Schools, visit: http://www.romulus.net.
About Romulus Community Schools
The mission of Romulus Community Schools is to continuously provide innovative learning opportunities which will best prepare all learners to meet the challenges of the future.
District Vision Statement
High Expectations, High Achievement: Everyone, Everyday.