“SC Congress events are global in perspective, regional in focus, and allows attendees to hear from security icons in the field and connect with peers in a manner unmatched by any other gathering,” said Illena Armstrong, VP of editorial at SC Magazine.
London (PRWEB UK) 30 January 2014
SC Magazine, the premier resource for information security professionals, today announced the first-ever SC Congress London conference and expo to be held at the ILEC Conference Centre on March 20, 2014. This live event offers the best and brightest information security leaders from the private and public sectors to address the latest evolutions in information security threats and the solutions and strategies to protect enterprises.
“SC Congress events are global in perspective, regional in focus, and allows attendees to hear from security icons in the field and connect with peers in a manner unmatched by any other gathering,” said Illena Armstrong, VP of editorial at SC Magazine. “By bringing our Congress series to London, we are replicating the phenomenal success of our events in North America and expanding the global discussion of security issues. At SC Congress London, you can anticipate the expert guidance, practical solutions and timely information necessary to help organisations combat today’s cyber criminals.”
Coming from both the public and private sectors, expert speakers will provide a range of experiences and insight along with the most effective strategies they’ve found to successfully take on the biggest security issues. The SC Congress London agenda includes exciting keynotes, renowned experts and heated breakout discussions, including these thought-provoking sessions:
- Inside, outside, upside down: staying ahead of the threat, wherever comes from - Whether today's threat originates from an organised crime network, is state-sponsored, hacktivist-motivated or on-premise from a disgruntled insider, make no mistake: the threat is there. So how are you dealing with it? Join Brian Brackenborough, CISO for Channel 4, in a panel discussion on keeping ahead of these threats.
- Going mobile - Your employees' personal smartphone or tablet may be touching your network. With mobile evolving so rapidly, are you and your security organisation staying vigilant and continually looking to stay ahead of the threat?
- Expectations of online privacy during a national crisis - Is it reasonable that some privacy must be given up in order for the government to digitally pursue criminals? Should we expect different norms online from what has been established and accepted in the physical world?
- The evolving state of security in the cloud – Join John Howie, COO of the Cloud Security Alliance, as he discusses the evolution of security dialogue and concerns with cloud computing as the technology gains broad acceptance. John will also provide unique insight while forecasting security in the cloud and what your next concerns may be.
- Cyber Crime UK: The Upcoming London Fraud & Cyber Centre - Noting the need to better support enterprises being attacked by cyber criminals of all kinds, the Metropolitan Police are opening a new Fraud and Cyber Centre. In this session, Mark T. Jackson, Detective Superintendent for serious and organised crime at the Metropolitan Police, will focus on the new Centre and how it will help enterprises in reporting and stopping such cyber crime.
SC Congress London is the newest addition to the hugely successful SC Congress events, hailed as one of the most impactful global security conference series. In 2013, SC Congress Chicago surged in attendance in just its second year. Attendance for SC Congress Toronto has grown more than 60 per cent in three years and SC Congress New York continues to attract the premier thought leaders in the security space, five years after its inception. Each conference features dynamic speakers, delivers actionable insights on the most pressing security topics, and shares perspectives on security intelligence unique to each region. SC Magazine UK, with its longstanding reputation in the United Kingdom, is certain to provide local security practitioners with a provocative event that influences the manner in which they perceive and act on the latest breaking security topics.
Additional agenda items, topics and expert security panelists will continue to be announced leading to the event. This exclusive, live, event is free for IT security professionals. To register, view the agenda and see a full list of speakers, media partners and sponsors visit: http://congress.scmagazine.com/london.
About SC Magazine
SC Magazine provides IT security professionals with in-depth and unbiased information through timely news, comprehensive analysis, cutting-edge features, contributions from thought leaders and the best, most extensive collection of product reviews in the business. By offering a consolidated view of IT security through independent product tests and well-researched editorial content that provides the contextual backdrop for how these IT security tools will address larger demands put on businesses today, SC Magazine enables IT security pros to make the right security decisions for their companies. Besides the monthly print magazine and vibrant daily website, the brand’s portfolio includes the SC Congress and Expo Series (Chicago, London, New York, Toronto), SC Awards (U.S. and U.K.), SC Marketscope, SC Magazine Newswire and SC Magazine IT Security Executive Forums.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/scmagazineuk
Join us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/SC-Magazine-UK-Information-Security