Always keep your belongings close by and when sitting down, keep them in front of you where you can always see them.
McLean, Virginia (PRWEB) January 31, 2014
The beginning of February is a busy time for large crowd events, especially this year. The 2014 Winter Olympics and national football championships are back-to-back. To ensure attendees of these events stay safe, FrontPoint Security, the nationwide leader in wireless home security, has released its list of the top eight safety tips for navigating large crowd events.
1. Prepare before. Become acquainted with the venue and prepare accordingly – often maps are available online, which make it easy to become familiar with the layout. There will be security checks, so pack lightly and don’t bring any prohibited items. Check the weather and wear proper attire.
2. Bring earplugs. Large events, especially sporting events, can get really loud. Bring earplugs to dampen a raucous crowd or nearby speakers.
3. Protect health. Large crowds will likely bring more germs, especially during cold and flu season. Avoid touching items such as door handles and seats with bare hands. Bring hand sanitizer and tissues to prevent sickness.
4. Locate the emergency exits. When you first arrive at the venue, identify the nearest emergency exits and map the best route. In case of emergency, you’ll need to move quickly.
5. Arrange a meeting place. If you’re traveling with friends or family, arrange a place to meet should you get separated. Carry a cell phone, and make sure it’s charged before.
6. Prepare children. You never want to get separated from your children, but there is a higher possibility at crowded events. Make sure they’re prepared by having them carry a card with your contact information, or pin it on the inside of their clothing. They should wear bright colors and shoes that won’t slip off. Point out safe areas and make sure they can identify venue and security personnel.
7. Keep wallets/purses/bags in front. In crowded areas, it can be hard to keep track of your belongings. It’s also easier for thieves to snatch your valuables. Always keep your belongings close by and when sitting down, keep them in front of you where you can always see them.
8. Pay attention and stay alert. If you are confused, lost or need to use your phone, move out of the walking path. You don’t want to accidentally run into someone, or hold up the flow of traffic because you’re busy texting, taking pictures/video or referencing a map.
FrontPoint Security is the leading nationwide provider of interactive wireless home security systems and the only security company protecting every customer with 100% wireless and 100% cellular technology. FrontPoint combines next generation technology with remarkable simplicity and commitment to service, resulting in a safer and unique customer experience. With customers in all 50 states and Canada, FrontPoint Security is one of the fastest growing alarm companies in North America. FrontPoint is a GE Security Authorized Dealer and Alarm.com’s Preferred Dealer for no-hassle security solutions. For more information, please visit http://www.FrontPointSecurity.com or call 855.296.3945.