We are excited to be one of the first operators in the world to implement an LTE roaming solution. Aicent’s extensive experience developing and integrating LTE roaming solutions made them an obvious choice to partner with.
San Jose, CA (PRWEB) January 30, 2014
Aicent, the world’s leading multi-service IPX of mobile data network services and solutions for mobile carriers globally, today announced that Digicel, a leading mobile operator serving markets in the Caribbean and Central America, has successfully interconnected its LTE network to one of the largest tier one mobile operators located in North America through Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange network.
- Utilizing Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange, Digicel subscribers located in the Caribbean and subscribers of one of North America’s prominent mobile operators can now roam seamlessly between each other’s supported LTE networks while maintaining high speed connections to the data demanding applications they have become accustomed to — creating a consistent user experience both at home and while traveling abroad to North America.
- By implementing Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange, Digicel is able to eliminate the complexities of interconnection and interworking associated with global LTE roaming by offering a single connection point while enabling protocol interworking across multiple global mobile operators, in addition to negating the need to separately negotiate numerous bilateral agreements.
- Aicent’s Diameter Signaling and IPX Transport services within the LTE Roaming Exchange offers Digicel multiple Class of Service (CoS) and an end-to-end Quality of Service (QoS) commitments while managing signaling congestion and mitigating LTE’s continued growth.
- Conor Clarke, Director of International Business, Digicel Group
"As the leading mobile operator in the Caribbean and Central America, Digicel is continually looking to offer our subscribers a superior mobile experience, not only at home, but also when they travel. We are excited to be one of the first operators in the world to implement an LTE roaming solution and successfully interconnect with our partner in North America. Aicent’s extensive experience developing and integrating LTE roaming solutions made them an obvious choice to partner with.”
- Louie Abonador, General Manager, Latin America and Caribbean
"We are pleased that Digicel, a pioneer of innovative mobile services, chose Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange for the first LTE roaming implementation in the Caribbean. The implementation of our leading LTE roaming solution is sustained proof of Digicel’s continued leadership in deploying advanced solutions and providing its subscribers with next generation services."
- About Aicent: http://www.aicent.com
- About Digicel: http://www.digicelgroup.com
- Aicent’s LTE Roaming Exchange solution http://www.aicent.com/roaming/lte-roaming/
Aicent, Digicel, Mobile Roaming, LTE, LTE Roaming, IPX, Mobile, Telecommunications, Diameter Signaling, IPX Transport.
Digicel Group Limited is a leading global communications provider with operations in 31 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Asia Pacific. After 12 years of operation, total investment to date stands at over US$4.5 billion worldwide. The company is renowned for delivering best value, best service and best network.
Digicel runs a host of community-based initiatives across its markets and has set up Digicel Foundations in Jamaica, Haiti, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad and Tobago which focus on educational, cultural and social development programmes.
Digicel is the lead sponsor of Caribbean, Central American and Pacific sports teams and individuals including the world’s fastest man, Usain Bolt and Special Olympics teams throughout these regions. Digicel also sponsors the West Indies cricket team. Since 2012, Digicel has been the title sponsor of the Myanmar Football Federation and the Myanmar Special Olympics Federation.
Visit http://www.digicelgroup.com for more information.
Founded in 2000, Aicent, Inc., is the world’s largest multi-service IPX provider of data network services and solutions connecting to over 200 global mobile operators, including ten of the worlds’ largest. Through extensive partnerships and peering arrangements, Aicent’s network reaches all 2G, 3G and 4G operators, including more than 60 mobile operators for LTE roaming, around the world allowing mobile subscribers to roam seamlessly between international operator networks. The company's roaming hub supports integrated mobile messaging solutions and value added data roaming and global reach infrastructure services designed to help carriers maximize revenue opportunities.
For more information, visit http://www.aicent.com.