Waco,TX (PRWEB) January 29, 2014
Research shows that when work becomes boring and routine, employees are more likely to burnout and even suffer from health problems. But when employees are encouraged to have fun, creativity, production and communication significantly increase. Fun at Work Day on Jan. 30 helps promote an engaging work environment to motivate and boost morale among employees.
Here are some tips from Glass Doctor to energize your workday:
- Create a fun and upbeat playlist of songs to keep you going strong when the afternoon slump rolls around.
- Take the time to customize and decorate your desk space. Posting inspiring quotes and images will help keep you motivated.
- During lunch breaks, step away from your desk. Physically separating yourself from your work space will keep your mind off ongoing tasks and deadlines.
- Have an office potluck once a month. Allow for everyone to bring their favorite foods to share and support community.
- Choose meals high in protein. Not only do they keep you full longer, but they also help stabilize energy levels unlike carbohydrates.
- Every hour take a 10-minute break. Stand up and stretch to help refocus and relax your mind and body.
- Hold breakroom workouts to increase endorphins and energy levels
- Develop an office humor board. Write silly notes, phrases, and drawings.
- Step outside of the office for a break and get some fresh air. Sunlight helps reset your biological clock and boost vitamin D and energy.
- Reduce clutter by clearing out and organizing your desk. This simple task will help you feel accomplished and promote further productivity.
- Allow for a brief phone call with loved ones to boost your spirits.
- Eat Chocolate. Chocolate stimulates “feel-good” triggers in the brain.
- Start conversations with coworkers. We are social beings and this beneficial interaction increases brain function and positivity.