We are looking forward to using real-time clinical decision support to prevent infections. - Manisha Shah, HCA International
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) February 03, 2014
HCA International, the only private hospital company in the United Kingdom to specialize in complex and acute medical conditions, has adopted the ICNet NGTM software, upgrading from a previous generation of ICNet’s Clinical Care Suite. Separately, HCA has signed a letter of intent to move forward with ABX AlertTM, ICNet’s antibiotic stewardship software, as soon as its e-prescribing system is in place.
HCA, based in Nashville, Tenn., is the world's largest independent hospital company, with annual revenues of $30 billion, 164 hospitals and 106 outpatient centers serving 14 million patients a year. HCA’s private hospital network in the U.K. includes six leading hospitals and more than 20 clinics and medical offices in London, Kent and Essex. HCA also partners with Britain’s National Health Service on cancer treatment.
ICNet’s Next Generation infection prevention case management and surveillance software brings together relevant data for a defined period of infection control care. The software continually runs automated algorithms to detect signs of possible infection in lab reports, patient admissions data and pharmacy, among other data sources. Without having to hunt for signs of symptoms across multiple platforms, infection prevention staff are freed to focus on clinical activities that help reduce incidence of infections.
ICNet NG connects patients in time and space during an outbreak. It allows for root cause analyses, proactive intervention and automatic outbreak summary reports. It delivers fully customizable alerts of signs of infection by email and text.
ABX Alert is a real-time clinical decision support application that interfaces with existing information systems to ensure appropriate prescribing of antibiotics. ABX Alert detects and prevents adverse drug events for all classes of drugs, as well as provides accurate and detailed reports on a wide range of quality-of-care metrics, including auditing of doctors’ adherence to prescribing protocols and the efficacy of interventions on patient outcomes.
“We are thrilled to expand our relationship with HCA International, a world leader in private healthcare,” said Pat Beyer, Global CEO of ICNet. “Their leadership was exceptionally excited when they first saw the NG and ABX Alert products. The London HCA hospitals receive difficult and complex patients from other hospitals around the world, and many have rare infections and resistance patterns. The HCA team really sees the need for NG and ABX Alert to support their excellent patient care.”
Added Manisha Shah, Vice President of Clinical Services & Patient Safety for HCA International: “Here at HCA International we have a strong track record of leading on meaningful patient safety initiatives. We are looking forward to using real-time clinical decision support to prevent infections.”
HCA International’s six hospitals in London include:
- The Harley Street Clinic, a 121-bed facility that features a large adult and pediatric cardiac center, as well as one of London's premier cancer centers.
- The 76-bed Lister Hospital, perhaps best known for its Fertility Clinic, one of the longest-established and most successful in the UK.
- London Bridge Hospital, one of London’s largest private hospitals with 140 beds, known internationally for its cardiac services, cancer treatments, renal medicine, neurology, orthopedics and other areas of acute medicine.
- The 93-bed Portland Hospital for Women and Children in central London, which offers neonatal intensive care, a special care baby unit, pediatric intensive care and a high-dependency unit for adults.
- The Princess Grace Hospital, one of the best-known acute private hospitals in the UK. With 110 beds, intensive care and high-dependency facilities, the hospital is known for its leading-edge medicine in a wide number of areas.
- The Wellington Hospital, just north of London's West End, the UK's largest private hospital with over 260 beds. It is internationally renowned for its cardiac services, neurology, liver unit, orthopedics, urology, gynaecology and most other forms of acute medicine.
ICNet®, based in the United Kingdom, is the global leader for infection surveillance software, in daily use at more than 1,200 hospitals, including a growing number in North America, where ICNet Systems, Inc. has headquarters in Chicago. Focused on the reduction of healthcare-associated infections and preventable harm, ICNet uses analytic evidence and predictive alerts to reduce surgical site infections, prevent outbreaks and adverse drug events, and facilitate antimicrobial stewardship. ICNet offers advanced electronic reporting to the National Healthcare Safety Network, and has been certified by the U.S. government for meaningful use of health information technology, including Syndromic Surveillance. For more information, visit http://www.icnetsystems.com or visit us on LinkedIn.